The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to build an android "app empire"?

RockBottom

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Mar 19, 2011
Hello Friends,

You must have seen people building "app empires" which are basically having 500-1000 android apps on the play store and generating money through ads.

Anyone have experience in building such apps? How to go about niche research? Are these simple apps? Any examples..thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
How about starting one thing that provides massive value and be monetized with many options, not just ads.. less trend chasing.. more trend setting.

SGBoise

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jan 21, 2014
How about starting one thing that provides massive value and be monetized with many options, not just ads.. less trend chasing.. more trend setting.

1+ agreed. Create value not bunch of crap no one will use.

G

GuestUser113

Say what!! No flappy bird??

137956015482.png

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009

Yeah, I also think that if some apps would even go on to be successful, they'd die out probably as the next trendy game comes in etc. Sure that can give some income but a big business that provides premium service with a good team built will not be just a trend and will be better experience and learning. And if OP doesn't enjoy building apps and coming up with new ideas constantly, than it's as much selling out as working for someone else - you still only do it for the money.

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
focus on B2B apps. Not enough of those exist. Think of professions or industries where having a program on a phone would be very helpful, then talk to some people in the industry, and go build it. Charge a download price for it, and then market it to all the industry professionals in your area.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Or spend time building something (doesn't have to be an app) that actually matters. This belongs in Warrior Forum.

I was looking at apps before I talked to Jack but he solidified what I had kept tucked away in the back of my mind.
Apps are a flashy fad alternative to putting hard work into building a company with real values and product.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
focus on B2B apps. Not enough of those exist. Think of professions or industries where having a program on a phone would be very helpful, then talk to some people in the industry, and go build it. Charge a download price for it, and then market it to all the industry professionals in your area.

Yup, that's where one app can turn into 5-6 figure a month income and be of huge value. That's a real business.

Would not stick to local area only tho.

ahQ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jan 2, 2015
South East Asia
I don't think building 500 to 1000 apps is a good idea, if none of them are making real impact.
I have seen companies building app builder that helps others to "build" app by configurations (no coding/programming). Some of these companies will just tell their potential buyers that how to make quick buck from the "app world" easily, no coding needed. I find most of them crap.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
I don't think building 500 to 1000 apps is a good idea, if none of them are making real impact.
I have seen companies building app builder that helps others to "build" app by configurations (no coding/programming). Some of these companies will just tell their potential buyers that how to make quick buck from the "app world" easily, no coding needed. I find most of them crap.

There development companies that do many apps, the whole idea is like building AdSense websites, built a ton, see the winners, repeat or launch a new batch.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.