The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you get over an ex?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

juturna

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Aug 3, 2015
I know it's not hard at all. Especially when y'all barely had any interaction, but even so, the words and the talks we had are what linger on in my mind and heart. Also, the times we've had intercourse as well. I feel like I'm just clinging on to the sexual arousal I've had, but I know it's more than that cos I truly did like this chick.

So, long story short she texts me on National Girlfriend Day (last Friday) telling me that she has feelings for her ex boyfriend, again (mind you that they're both ricers with RX-7's & have been knowing each other since like 2011, I believe). Anyway, they have a lot of history together evidently, but I at least thought she'd have the decency to give me a chance and not take him back, but she did just that that freaking day. So, I text her something on the lines of, "Don't worry, you'll make the right decision. I truly understand if it is you want to try with him again over us. I hope you go with whoever makes you happy." You know? Something plain and simple. Well, turns out she REALLY wanted him than me, so she chose him. It truly hurt me since I've had a thing for her since 2011 when I originally started talking to her. But, you know, that's the way the cookie crumbles and that's just how women are. Ruthless and careless. Or that's how I see them for I've had bad experiences since I was a teen with women. Yeah, I've had my fair share of messing up, but not like most of the women I've dated who have screwed me over.

Anyway, that towards the end was somewhat extraneous. Point being: How do I get over someone I barely had any strong feelings for, but still cared about to a somewhat extent?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego

juturna

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Aug 3, 2015
Time.

(and moving on with someone new helps too)

I'd honestly like to move on and try with someone new, but not any time soon. I think and feel it is best if I just focus on myself for now and worry about that sort of thing later on. If anything, I might have a causal interaction with a chick here and there when at a bar.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
I'd honestly like to move on and try with someone new, but not any time soon. I think and feel it is best if I just focus on myself for now and worry about that sort of thing later on. If anything, I might have a causal interaction with a chick here and there when at a bar.

More than likely you'll meet your next girlfriend spontaneously while you're living your purpose. With due time, you'll forget about her. Go NC and stay a large distance away from her. Attraction only works if you're face-to-face, and you can't think about them if they don't exist.

juturna

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Aug 3, 2015
Distance.
Man, the distance is already there.
I'm honestly feeling better just seeing some of you guys give me feedback and lace me up.

It's funny, though, I never thought I'd ever have a chance with the chick and when I do it all falls to shit.

Please forgive my profanity.

juturna

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Aug 3, 2015
More than likely you'll meet your next girlfriend spontaneously while you're living your purpose. With due time, you'll forget about her. Go NC and stay a large distance away from her. Attraction only works if you're face-to-face, and you can't think about them if they don't exist.

Well, I hope I meet my next girlfriend spontaneously! I haven't had that sort of thing since I was like 16/17. I know I will with due time. That's the only problem is time isn't on my favor at the moment. Seeing as to I'm discussing about a chick who dumped me about a week ago (almost). I am staying a large distance from her, but she keeps seeing my snaps on snapchat and I'm just pondering to myself: If you deleted my number and unfollowed me on instagram, why keep me on snapchat when you KNOW I deleted you off from there? Is she just trying to keep taps/tabs (I don't remember which it is lol) on me? Cos if so, that's pretty weird. She has a ricer boyfriend who are weeaboos. If you saw the chick it is I'm talking about, you'd see why I feel the way I feel. :p

But, nonetheless, I truly appreciate you for being a good person in making me feel better and see clearer.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
.......Also, the times we've had intercourse as well. I feel like I'm just clinging on to the sexual arousal I've had....
...... that's just how women are. Ruthless and careless.

Excuse me?

@juturna

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
Its always easier said than done, but just do it man. Why give a person a second of your time when they're probably out having fun. Makes no sense. Also, distance, stop checking her social profiles, and stay busy. Can't think about someone when you're too busy... A real entrepreneur stays busy.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
I know it's not hard at all. Especially when y'all barely had any interaction, but even so, the words and the talks we had are what linger on in my mind and heart. Also, the times we've had intercourse as well. I feel like I'm just clinging on to the sexual arousal I've had, but I know it's more than that cos I truly did like this chick.

So, long story short she texts me on National Girlfriend Day (last Friday) telling me that she has feelings for her ex boyfriend, again (mind you that they're both ricers with RX-7's & have been knowing each other since like 2011, I believe). Anyway, they have a lot of history together evidently, but I at least thought she'd have the decency to give me a chance and not take him back, but she did just that that freaking day. So, I text her something on the lines of, "Don't worry, you'll make the right decision. I truly understand if it is you want to try with him again over us. I hope you go with whoever makes you happy." You know? Something plain and simple. Well, turns out she REALLY wanted him than me, so she chose him. It truly hurt me since I've had a thing for her since 2011 when I originally started talking to her. But, you know, that's the way the cookie crumbles and that's just how women are. Ruthless and careless. Or that's how I see them for I've had bad experiences since I was a teen with women. Yeah, I've had my fair share of messing up, but not like most of the women I've dated who have screwed me over.

Anyway, that towards the end was somewhat extraneous. Point being: How do I get over someone I barely had any strong feelings for, but still cared about to a somewhat extent?
That was incredibly cringeworthy. Don't worry, if you only cared somewhat then it won't be hard to forget her. However, you shouldn't have told her what you said, it was really pathetic of you to tell her "I hope you go with whoever makes you happy." that reminded me of one of those Drake jokes where you wish your ex finds true love, it makes sense why she left you. Last but not least, you're in the wrong forum.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Well, I hope I meet my next girlfriend spontaneously! I haven't had that sort of thing since I was like 16/17. I know I will with due time. That's the only problem is time isn't on my favor at the moment. Seeing as to I'm discussing about a chick who dumped me about a week ago (almost). I am staying a large distance from her, but she keeps seeing my snaps on snapchat and I'm just pondering to myself: If you deleted my number and unfollowed me on instagram, why keep me on snapchat when you KNOW I deleted you off from there? Is she just trying to keep taps/tabs (I don't remember which it is lol) on me? Cos if so, that's pretty weird. She has a ricer boyfriend who are weeaboos. If you saw the chick it is I'm talking about, you'd see why I feel the way I feel. :p

But, nonetheless, I truly appreciate you for being a good person in making me feel better and see clearer.
Forget her and him. They're outta your life.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Man, the distance is already there.
I'm honestly feeling better just seeing some of you guys give me feedback and lace me up.

It's funny, though, I never thought I'd ever have a chance with the chick and when I do it all falls to shit.

Please forgive my profanity.
Improve your vehicle, women are secondary.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
You're money. And you don't even know it. I know you are successful. I know you got plenty of women, hell you were able to attract this one amongst the hundreds of women that came into your life.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Stop worrying about them, man. You're sweating some Hot Wheels drivers. Bring the love into your life. I bet its sunny everyday where you live.

TravelBoss4

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 6, 2015
It's going to hurt more than you can imagine, and you ate going to inquire some painful life events. My suggestion is to cry when you feel the need to and move on.[emoji13]

TravelBossIV

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
That was incredibly cringeworthy. Don't worry, if you only cared somewhat then it won't be hard to forget her. However, you shouldn't have told her what you said, it was really pathetic of you to tell her "I hope you go with whoever makes you happy." that reminded me of one of those Drake jokes where you wish your ex finds true love, it makes sense why she left you. Last but not least, you're in the wrong forum.

What Luffy means is don't spit your feelings to girls because women look to you as a source of strength.

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014
Get in the gym 4 times a week. Be religious about it. Then go out on the town and meet new people and be in a new girls bed soon.

Science.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Divert your attention and focus to other activities you're working on. If you a need a reminder put a rubber band around your wrist and snap it every time you think of her. lol Timer works too to bring your thoughts back to now. Get rid of all contact with her period. Then you're not asking why the questions you are on social media. Out of site. Out of mind. And if you have anything material that reminds you of her, chuck it in the garbage. Otherwise it brings you back to thinking about her, like letters, photographs, gifts etc.

Don't listen to love songs related to her. Don't check her social media a hundred times. Stop talking about her. Talk about something else. If you screw up fine. The more you focus on her, the more you think about her. Give yourself time. It's called and emotional attachment. We tend to do that, and regardless if you think you're not, you find out you are. lol I don't know if you'd be experiencing grief, but the five stages always happen with letting go.

jason91

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 15, 2015
USA

You may have thought she was your pikachu :)

But over time... she ran away :meh:

Now you know she isn't right for you :(

But you'll find your Pokemon someday :happy:

She's not ruthless and careless, but a human being who wants what she wants.

It is your expectation of how she should be that really hurts you.

Life's too short to dwell on the memories of the past.. and too long to not make new memories.

Get over her, and find someone else to share your journey with. Who knows, 10 years from now you might be glad you found the new woman you call your wife.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Divert your attention and focus to other activities you're working on. If you a need a reminder put a rubber band around your wrist and snap it every time you think of her. lol Timer works too to bring your thoughts back to now. Get rid of all contact with her period. Then you're not asking why the questions you are on social media. Out of site. Out of mind. And if you have anything material that reminds you of her, chuck it in the garbage. Otherwise it brings you back to thinking about her, like letters, photographs, gifts etc.

Don't listen to love songs related to her. Don't check her social media a hundred times. Stop talking about her. Talk about something else. If you screw up fine. The more you focus on her, the more you think about her. Give yourself time. It's called and emotional attachment. We tend to do that, and regardless if you think you're not, you find out you are. lol I don't know if you'd be experiencing grief, but the five stages always happen with letting go.
Basically, she never existed. Gold post.

Josh Pennie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 17, 2015
Wales
Go chill with your friends :) I find that when I'm around friends they do a pretty good job at taking the focus away from things. I'd also just delete everything of her and forget. After awhile you'll be back into normal routine and the thought of her won't even enter your mind! Good luck, I know how hard it can be :)

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Find a project. Get working on it. Basically set a goal and hustle toward it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.