The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I iniate this! I want to take action

Jango

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 3, 2014
Fellow Fastlaners, My partner and I want to sell merchandise at local concert venues. We have a great variety of products we believe have a great chance of creating revenue. How do we go about getting a table/space at these venues? Are there any legal rights involved? We really are serious about this and want too take action but I'm a bit Lost and how to begin! Any insight you lads could offer to get this started?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Phone / internet.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Call or visit the venues.

Yup, great start. And they will probably tell you if you need a license from the concert production company.

If XYZ Band is performing, you can't sell XYZ t-shirts and hats -- you need a license. That comes from whomever owns the rights to the band.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
Fellow Fastlaners, My partner and I want to sell merchandise at local concert venues. We have a great variety of products we believe have a great chance of creating revenue. How do we go about getting a table/space at these venues? Are there any legal rights involved? We really are serious about this and want too take action but I'm a bit Lost and how to begin! Any insight you lads could offer to get this started?

MJ is right, there are license issues. Other details depend on what you are selling and what's printed on it. Sometimes the venue will want a cut (hall fees), and sometimes the band wants a cut, sometimes there are table rent fees. (I used to go on tour with my ex-boyfriend and sit at their merchandise table and sell stuff...ha)

Anyway, Robert Kiyosaki used to have that rock-n-roll band merchandise licensing gig back in his nylon wallet days. You may want to read up on some of his stuff too :)

other info:
http://musicians.about.com/od/playinglive/f/How-Does-Tour-Merchandising-Work.htm
http://yourbusiness.azcentral.com/different-ways-sell-merchandise-concerts-26080.html

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.