The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How can I quit the job?!

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
I still remember that morning.

I finally got to sleep around 4AM, and woke up at 6AM in a cold sweat. Every single dollar I had went into the company. I didn't have much debt due to the buyout of my company... just $2k per month in car payments. And a mortgage. A wife and two kids.

I bet they wondered how I would respond. A few months earlier, it looks like I might be able to retire before 40. I had it made. All the time spent in the trenches would finally pay off. We had house plans. Vacation plans. Life plans. I could taste it. I spent it 100x in my mind. We literally had house plans for a 9,000 square foot house that the architect had finished.

Then, I woke up in a cold sweat. Less than 24 hours earlier, it all went away. For reasons I am not free to talk about in the open forum, I lost it all. Not the wife, not the kids... but the company.

So I woke up. With my wife, but very much alone. Everything we had planned for... was... gone. The $2k in car payments (insane? depends on your perceived "income")... the house. The kids. Gas. Food. Life. The obligations remained, but the cash was... gone.

I woke up alone with my dreams. Shattered.

I had to start from zero. My monthly nut was close to $10k. I had no job. No income. No savings. Nothing but my rolodex and my mind. And my scars.

It took me a few days. That's all the time I had. It took me a few days to shake off the cobwebs. It took me a few days to put my shoes back on my feet. To breathe. To sit up. To think. Clearly.

To begin.

So... why don't you tell me more about how you can't figure out how, with your parents paying your rent and a car payment that is more like a rounding error... why you can't begin?

You don't even know yet what you don't know. Shake off the fear. You have more in hand than 99% of people who start to learn how to blaze their own path. You don't even know difficulty.

Stop F*cking crying and get on with life, or settle in to a life of flipping burgers to make money for some guy you perceive to be a big roller.

Life is hard. Cut the apron strings and get on with it.

Thank you for the kick in the a$$.

:banghead:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

klm79

Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Mar 25, 2014
The others have it right.

Find something you can make money on when you're not working...build that up some and then quit and go full time.

I'm a ticket broker for a living...was doing that part time while working my other job for about a year then decided it was time to do it 24/7.

That was December 2012 and don't regret it a second. I am the happiest I have ever been.....and I make a LOT more than I would ever make slaving away at some office.

Good Luck.

Trivium iz rC

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jan 23, 2014
There's no such thing as "Quitting your job the next day & magically earning income"

It's a process not a event. Keep your job to pay your bills and work on your business every other waking hour. Find a need in the market, make sure it has value and test it. There's 24 hours in a day. Let's say you work 7 days a week for 8 hours a day for your job. 24-8=16 hours, minus 4 hours a day to sleep still leaves you with 12 hours in that day. Which equates to 84 hours a week that you have to "start" or "pursue" your fast lane business. Time def isn't an issue.

When my expenses were too much I asked myself. What were my "Needs" & what were the luxuries:

Get Rid Of The Car & Insurance
Cancel Your Data Plan & Buy A Tracphone For $20 w/ pre-paid mins
Move back with my Parents
If you have a gf tell her your not going out anymore.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.