The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hollywood meets fastlane ,what do you all think?

NEXT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Sep 26, 2011
With all the talk about lack of black and latino actors getting roles,why not get funding from rich black celebs like oprah,p diddy,russell simmons and start a movie production studio so that the producers can involve all races and not discriminate.what do you all think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
What do I think? I think that I'm not intelligent enough to understand the point of this post.

sharky

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Mar 2, 2011
Philadelphia
What's your experience in producing and/or running a production company and what makes you think those rich black celebs will just open up their wallets to fund this idea?

NEXT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Sep 26, 2011
what's your experience in producing and/or running a production company and what makes you think those rich black celebs will just open up their wallets to fund this idea?

its a big problem right now in hollywood with black actors getting good leading roles.so i think a lot of those successful people like oprah and russell simmons along with other black celebs who cry out about it will be glad to do something about it.what do you think?dont have to run it can be an investor.

NEXT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Sep 26, 2011
what do i think? I think that i'm not intelligent enough to understand the point of this post.

imagine being a young black,latino,indian or cacausian or asian who cant find a studio to give you a good chance cause hollywood is a white dominated business.a studio that embraces you equally and gets you work as an actor to have a chance at a good a career in hollywood.you see the concept now?

Sky

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Sep 6, 2011
hmm... Good idea. But to get the attention of people like that you would need:

1. inside contacts
2. establish yourself as a capable film maker
3. make sure your film studio would be popular/money maker.

sadly, whether it is right or not, discrimination still rings true in the film making industry. Focus on a niche market to cater to and go for it. People think Tyler Perry markets to the African American demographic but a closer look will tell you he actually appeals to the female African American demographic with the topic and themes of his movies. A very niche idea indeed.

It goes without saying though, just pick up a camera and just start filming random stuff or quick films/plays. Baby steps.

NEXT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Sep 26, 2011
How do I reach the stars

I know Danny Glover will be happy to meet you. Write him a letter and offer a partnership. He has experience and resources.

Danny Glover's slavery film lacked "white heroes", producers said

However, be careful since there is prejudice among movie watchers as well.

Source: 5 Old-Timey Prejudices That Still Show Up in Every Movie | Cracked.com

Anyway of getting Danny Glover and other stars contact info to write them letters and not some fan mail address they will never reach?Let me know of any good sources if you know.Thanks

WBoone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 20, 2011
just to test the waters maybe you could set something up like a referal type thing where you (your business) finds all the auditions that are looking for a specific race and then some one, say a black guy or asian guy or whatever could go to your site and find auditions...I dont know man. I guess its a cheaper way to try out the market rather than build a production company right off the bat. I do feel like there is a need here though.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.