The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from up North

Canuker

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 5, 2016
Hi everyone,

My name is Brian, I'm a 22 year old from Ottawa, Ontario, and I came here to gain/give knowledge, network, and seek/give advice.

I graduated from college in April with a diploma in Electrical Engineering Tech

Go into a skilled trade they said, you'll never be unemployed they said....they were wrong

I graduated and quickly found no employment in my field. Even with my education, and good connections, I could not find work as an apprentice. The skilled labor shortage that they preached to us in highschool still has not come to fruition.

I decided not to fret over my lack of desired job and quickly packed up my belongings and moved out to western Canada where I enjoyed the best summer of my life. I spent my days working a hotel maintenance job and spent my evenings and weekends hiking, fishing, mountain biking, canoeing and enjoying the beauty of the land. I topped off the summer with a 3 week California surf trip in a little 2001 Toyota Echo. The perfect summer.

I came to the realization that I was truly at my happiest when I was downhill mountain biking, surfing, and downhill skiing. These are things that put me into a state of flow and man is that an addicting feeling.

During this time I was hit with the entrepreneurial spirit like a train. A fire was lit in me in June and it is still very much alive. My friend and I would talk entrepreneurship every day, exchanging and exploring multiple business opportunities. He had already dabbled in a couple small "side hustles" and had read a few business books, his favourite being the TMF . I would listen to audiobook after audiobook all day at my job, stock piling knowledge in my notebook that I could later deploy when the proper opportunity presented it self.

In the past month's I've explored many area's of business, but mostly creating brands using crowdfunding and , most recently, Amazon FBA. A week ago my friend sent me a link to IceCreamKid's Carpet Cleaning thread. After reading that knowledge bomb, and others on this site, I decided to finally buy TMF on audible and join this forum.

So here I am.

I think I've finally settled on a business plan that hit's all my checkmarks. My goal is to create a sustainable e-commerce business / brand that will allow me to have the freedom to pursue my passions. Having a mansion is nice and all but I want to spend my money taking surf and ski trips all over the world....a couple sports cars won't hurt either.

I am extremely excited to learn and grow with everyone on this forum.

Cheers!

-Brian

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...