The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Having one of those days...

Anything related to matters of the mind

bosco

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Dec 31, 2007
So Im having one of those days. Stuck (for now) in my 9 to 5, stressed and going to see the doctor in 2 hours becasue my stomach has been killing me for weeks.

I need to get out of the environment. Im just not engaged anymore. Have not been excited in years. While I am not in the fastlane just yet, I need to make some changes, even if its for the short term to get me through the funk and keep bread on the table while I figure out how to get into the fastlane.

Its best I look for new job alltogether....its just do I look for another senior level high stressposition im in now and work balls out to prove myself all over, or do I look for a lower level job in my field (and less cash) for the time being while I polish my fastlane.

What are your thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Take a week off for now, and use that time to re-assess where you are and what's going on with your life and career. I hope that helps to at least defuse the situation and the way you currently feel.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Take a roadtrip to somewhere serene and peaceful. Recalibrate. Think about what you want and how to get there. And think about the sacrifices that you might need to make to make it happen -- they might not be as bad as you think. :tiphat:

Frank Trocino

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 7, 2011
Pasadena CA
Hello Everyone,

Sorry you're having one of those days. I've had many

I just joined today. My Company invented a soybean based adhesive for wood, paper, even plastic, etc. It's been a long haul but I have the intellectual property licensed to a large chemical company for a specific field of use and started getting royalties on a quarterly basis about a year ago. I'm now branching out with other soy based adhesives for other uses and was intrigued by MJ's book as it applies to me for exiting and the eventual sale of the company.

I'm hoping to find other forum members who I can discuss exit positioning strategies.

Frank

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
Sorry to hear that Bosco. Depending on your situation specifics, I'd look at taking a break as andviv & MJ have suggested, but I would also look at assessing whether you need your high-stress job to get by, or whether you could be better served looking for something a little less demanding to get by on for now and one which allows you more time to focus on getting your plans in place and moving forward on your own Fastlane.

p.s. Welcome, Frank, though I suspect you meant to post this elsewhere? :)

bosco

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks for the feedback! Doc says nasty case of acid reflux.

I decided to take off this week to relax and reflect. Thing is that my mind is so tightly wound that I can't even think straight...yet. Im going to do some reading in MJ's book. Im at Part 7 I think so probably will finish today or tomorrow. weather is supposed to be real nice today so might get out for some excersize.

Im not even sure I know where to start. I don't have a plan yet. I do have a few good things going on. Just need to figure out how to leverage it all. This is one of the reasons why I love the family here on the forum. great folks, vast experience, great conversation and a common interest!

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
Last edited by a moderator:

slapshot

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Feb 2, 2010
Hey bosco when I am stressed and my mind starts racing I take a little time to reflect on my positives. I write a list of good things about me, it can be anything

1 I paid the electric bill so the power stayed on
2 I had a decent workout this morning
3 I was nice to a woman without expecting anything in return
4 I won my 2 team teaser on the Bulls and Heat
5 I checked my tire pressure and added air so I get better mileage and am helping to reduce our dependence on foreign oil

whatever small positives are in your life, if you write them down it might improve your mindset and help to reduce your stress level. That's what helps me, anyway. Good luck

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.