The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Has Anyone Used StumbleUpon For Traffic?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Sheldon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 31, 2013
Honolulu
Just a quick question: Does anyone have direct experience with StumbleUpon? Was there a noticeable uptick in traffic after you used it?

Thanks,
Sheldon

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

3things

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 17, 2013
Canadia
I've used their paid service quite a bit. Ad platform isn't the greatest, targeting isn't the greatest, traffic is cheap and not great quality [you're basically paying CPV]. Lots of volume. I've promoted both product and content landing pages and video, I had one humorous lander go a bit viral but it died off very very fast as soon as the ads stopped. It's probably better used for video, but it's very subjective according to your objectives and what you're trying to sell or do. IMHO there's not much if any value to the traffic.

Personally I'd pass on SU if you're trying to sell something or get signups and look at things like Plenty of fish, Google display or Facebook newsfeed ads, but if you're trying to promote a funny pictures site or something it's probably worth a go.

samdienerman

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 25, 2013
I had a blog that got "Stumbled" organically. I didn't have to pay or anything. It was great. I had 5000 visitors in one day.

mags

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Oct 18, 2011
Is their paid traffic any good? I've always thought of Stumbleupon to be just a hit or miss for their regular users.

Zlive

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Sep 9, 2013
Kiev, Ukraine
It works different for different niches. I used it for a blog in dating niche, got lots of traffic, for the blog in IM niche it's far less.

Glober56

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 24, 2012
We've offered each product and also information clinching pages and also online video media. I had one hilarious lander get a tad viral nonetheless it passed on off very quickly once the adverts ended.

royalasg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 21, 2013
Bangladesh
I've used their paid service quite a bit. Ad platform isn't the greatest, targeting isn't the greatest, traffic is cheap and not great quality [you're basically paying CPV]. Lots of volume. I've promoted both product and content landing pages and video, I had one humorous lander go a bit viral but it died off very very fast as soon as the ads stopped. It's probably better used for video, but it's very subjective according to your objectives and what you're trying to sell or do. IMHO there's not much if any value to the traffic.

Personally I'd pass on SU if you're trying to sell something or get signups and look at things like Plenty of fish, Google display or Facebook newsfeed ads, but if you're trying to promote a funny pictures site or something it's probably worth a go.

excellent reply, though some experts suggest it, we have to use it in proper way , check this link http://www.quicksprout.com/2012/04/...ing-highly-targeted-traffic-from-stumbleupon/

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
I used it a few years ago a lot, and it did work for short-term bumps in traffic, but it didn't have any lasting effect on traffic.

I don't know what your website is about, but I think it work best for entertainment sites (funny, cute, silly, annoying things) that people like to look at when they are wasting time at work.

I wouldn't pay for the traffic, since (at least in my case) there is no point in paying for (or wasting my time getting) traffic that isn't super-interested in what I have to offer and won't be back. Back then, I decided to focus my efforts in other ways to get traffic, and it was much more effective.

I might be wrong, though :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.