The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting images without copyright infringement

Capital Life

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 8, 2010
Lincoln Il
Does anyone have experience or know about using images for websites or anything being sold? Obviously I know that you can't just use some picture you found online, but what is the best way to get some photos to use? For example, if someone was making a database type website about dog breeds, how would they go about getting a picture of every single breed of dog?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I usually send them an email asking for permission to use the image. Most people will agree as long as you give them credit.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
istockphoto has gotten ridiculously expensive within the last couple years; it's something like $10 - $12 for ONE pic now, used to be waaay cheaper. Hope those bastards go out of business. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Sheesh. Why criticize istockphoto?

In the past 2 years, they've:

-Gotten WAY bigger
-Become a great resource
-Raised their rates b/c they have so many images
-Automated/scaled their growth

Seems pretty darn fastlane to me. You don't have to support them-- but why wish a fellow fastlane biz ill?

BTW, we're doing Facebook ads, and I've bought a few images from istockphoto these past few days.

Lots of other places online you can buy images-- shutterstock is another good one.

-Russ H.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
I recently came across morguefiles. Morguefile free photo license I don't know how it compares to finding photos elsewhere, but it's got a nice license, and there are plenty of very pretty pictures in there of many subjects.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.