The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting BS for competing with myself.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I know I haven't been on here in quite some time, but trust me, it's not because I've given up... but because I stopped talking/questioning and started doing.

What I am doing now is not quite fastlane yet, but it will translate into that eventually. Not to get too into it, if you wanna know just PM me.

Anyway, someone recommended I make a twitter to promote myself on a higher scale. I did so, and within a day I had about 15-20 followers, which I thought, and still do - was miniscule. My sister was saying "DUDE! Are you serious? How are you not happy? Come on, don't be so ungrateful".

It's not that I'm ungrateful, but that I know if I, even for one second, start to say to myself "Hm, yeah know... maybe I am doing really well", my work ethic will slack. I mean this when I say I REALLY am working hard like you guys have told me to do. Some days just working through the night and not sleeping for 24 hours, or going to sleep at 4am and waking up at 10. Granted, I love doing it, but still- bitch work will always be bitch work.

But is this a bad thing? Not necessarily being ungrateful (because I am grateful) but not being content?

People don't seem to get the whole "I don't wanna settle for average, I wanna make something out of myself".

Hell, half of my friends don't talk to me anymore because they've become miserable. They have nothing to work toward except for what their parents tell them is important. It's sad.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alana

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 16, 2012
In the middle of a national forest (in N. CA)
Being generally depressed in life vs never settling are two completely different things. It sounds like you are the latter. You need a challenge. You see flaws in the status quo and want to fix it. You’re acting on it (since you said so in your post) and not just bitching about it (because you don’t want to just complain for complaining sake). Are you telling your sister that you had a horrible childhood even though every morning was filled with hugs and warm biscuits in the oven, or are you simply telling her that you aren’t settling; that you can do better? Big difference. Again, sounds like the latter.
A lot of folks think “Gosh, if I had his kind of money life would be good”---even the oober rich think “I want to be in his shoes!” when they come across someone who has done great things. It’s good to keep goin’.
You’re not ungrateful, you’re full of greatness.

D

DeletedUser394

Dump the losers.

The more success you achieve in life, the more winners (and looters) will hang around you. Get used to sifting through them now haha.

I currently have an 88.6% average in university. I'm not content, my goal is 90% minimum. So what, I can be happy (I am) but I'm not content. Always grow dude, forget the haters. My classmates hate me and my free market capitalist agenda, but so what? The professors love me and in that instance my classmates are nobodies and my teachers are the only one's whose opinions matter.

The more success you get and the happier you are, the more others will shit on your accomplishments. Some do it because they're jealous, and others do it because they think they know what's best for you. But only you know what's right for you.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Be content with all positive results, but don't be complacent about them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
someone recommended I make a twitter to promote myself on a higher scale.

surround yourself with people who can give you better advice.

within a day I had about 15-20 followers, which I thought, and still do - was miniscule.

1,000 people on twitter is miniscule. don't focus on quantity. focus on quality. if you get 15-20 influencers to follow you it's better than 100,000 robots/newbies. Most people try to gain a huge twitter following and pretend they're doing something. you can have a bot get you 100,000 followers, but it won't mean anything.

Twiki

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Oct 7, 2012
As soon as I see a "no name" person w/ 100k followers it immediately flags them as clueless. Here's a fun thing: tweet something like "My god Twitter is infested with useless Social Media and Marketing Experts". Immediately you will get robo-followed by lots of Social Media and Marketing Experts who will fill your timeline with insipid inspirational quotes.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.