The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Full tank of gas but no road map

axeman92

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Dec 19, 2015
Minnesota
What up hustlers!

Hope you're all killing it out there.

I need some advice: what should I do with $1500?

My long term goal is to build a successful Saas company.

My short term goal is to find a way to start.

I am currently earning some decent profit from eBay dropshipping. I have about $1500 at my disposal.

I originally wanted to take Anton Kraly's Dropshipping lifestyle course. For those of you that don't know, it is a $1200 course that teaches you how to launch a dropshipping store on Shopify. Lots of people are apparently finding success through it. And dropshipping on eBay has given me an idea for a good ecommerce niche. Only problem is this has nothing to do with Saas.

I also want to start copywriting. I've been reading people's posts on here saying that it is an invaluable skill to have. Now that I have some decent cash at my disposal I want to make the right investment.

Should I take the course and open my own dropshipping store? I consider this option because it seems like a good way to earn passive income for a startup. And potentially give me a chance to find some Saas problem to solve.

Or should I stick to eBay arbitrage for now?

OR build a copywriting portfolio??

If anyone has any brilliant ideas (basically anything I seem to be missing here) feel free to comment.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
If that $1500 is all you have and nothing else in your bank account then I would rather save it. Since your already "earning some decent profit from eBay dropshipping" I would continue doing it. Why stop when it is not broken?

A $1200 dollar course? No thanks. All the information is already free if you just do a little search.

For your saas company, you can create a free landing page and start driving in traffic to gauge demand for the problem you are solving. If you can get at least 20 leads or more in a week, and you feel like you have a passion for what you are trying to create, then you can start putting more money into it and pursuit it a bit more aggressively.

Last edited by a moderator:

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
I am currently earning some decent profit from eBay dropshipping. I have about $1500 at my disposal.

I originally wanted to take Anton Kraly's Dropshipping lifestyle course. For those of you that don't know, it is a $1200 course that teaches you how to launch a dropshipping store on Shopify. Lots of people are apparently finding success through it. And dropshipping on eBay has given me an idea for a good ecommerce niche.

Have you read the fastlane millionaire book? The only person benefiting from this 'dropshipping lifestyle course' is Anton Kraly! You also say you are earning some decent profit from ebay dropshipping?

Seems to me that you are already doing fine without this online course and the main issue is that you have $1500 in your pocket that you want to burn asap.

Hows about increasing your ebay portfolio/business by investing in more stock/better/more profitable products or if you really want to add value to someone elses life I could sure do with $1500 to reduce my personal debt?

therealoq

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 21, 2016
Good job on the dropshipping business. I plan to start something like that in the near future as well. I would save the money or use it to sell another niche product for dropshipping. Good luck!

axeman92

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Dec 19, 2015
Minnesota
For your saas company, you can create a free landing page and start driving in traffic to gauge demand for the problem you are solving. If you can get at least 20 leads or more in a week, and you feel like you have a passion for what you are trying to create, then you can start putting more money into it and pursuit it a bit more aggressively.

I want to try this out. Do you know of any good websites for creating this free landing page? And what would be the most effective way to get that many leads in a week? I'm totally new to Saas but I'm willing to jump in if I have the right resources. Cheers

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Apr 20, 2015
UK
Hey man,

There's so much GOLD in the forum right there for your picking.

Read this thread: The Solution to 'I Have $X. What Do I Do ?'

Consider getting an INSIDERS subcription (very useful solutions to your questions in there) & honestly try to see how whatever you're doing aligns with your vision.

Finally, read the chapter 'Change That Dirty, Stale Oil'. Learning never stops, and learning copy isn't a bad idea to start selling your products better on ebay. Get results (plus more money), and teach others to do the same....or get paid to write it for them. The possibilities are endless.

axeman92

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Dec 19, 2015
Minnesota
Have you read the fastlane millionaire book? The only person benefiting from this 'dropshipping lifestyle course' is Anton Kraly! You also say you are earning some decent profit from ebay dropshipping? Hows about increasing your ebay portfolio/business by investing in more stock/better/more profitable products or if you really want to add value to someone elses life I could sure do with $1500 to reduce my personal debt?

Thanks for the input. You're right in a way. I guess this would violate the commandment of Entry. I think I will stick to what I'm doing now. Ha I'll take you up on that offer once I'm in the top 1%!

axeman92

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Dec 19, 2015
Minnesota
Hey man,

There's so much GOLD in the forum right there for your picking.

Read this thread: The Solution to 'I Have $X. What Do I Do ?'

Consider getting an INSIDERS subcription (very useful solutions to your questions in there) & honestly try to see how whatever you're doing aligns with your vision.

Finally, read the chapter 'Change That Dirty, Stale Oil'. Learning never stops, and learning copy isn't a bad idea to start selling your products better on ebay. Get results (plus more money), and teach others to do the same....or get paid to write it for them. The possibilities are endless.

Cool thread! Thanks for that. I feel like sometimes I'm the fisherman reaching into the tub of bait...I should probably get a padlock haha..
I was totally thinking about writing copy for eBay listings! Half the time the product descriptions I'm copying and pasting are so bad I feel like I could do a way better job...Never thought of offering it as a service though, that's definitely fastlane shit right there...thanks man

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I want to try this out. Do you know of any good websites for creating this free landing page? And what would be the most effective way to get that many leads in a week? I'm totally new to Saas but I'm willing to jump in if I have the right resources. Cheers

I've personally used http://www.wix.com/. Its probably not the best, but it is a start. From what I remember, the back-end of wix for the free version does not have analytics to track all of the data. Unfortunately, the only data your going to have is whether the person actually signs up and give his/her email to you. Because of the lack of analytics from wix, you can redirect your landing page URL, to bit.ly and track analytics from there.

The most effective way to get leads is social media. You can also do paid advertisement on Facebook and set a budget of $5 dollar daily and see how people respond to your landing page.

Last edited:

relentlessaction

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Dec 18, 2015
#1 You need more money. $5-10k would be doable.
#2 SAAS isn't all it's cracked up to be.. I see a ton of SAAS businesses and the overhead for quality programmers is high with their monthly sales not that high in comparison to how many programmers they employ. Unless, you are doing it 100% yourself.

I'd either focus on what you want to do that will make you money for the long term.

And/or focus on what will make you $3-5k/month.

You would need to increase your capital.

Anton's main dropshipping course seems the idea is to take advantage of Google's Shopping Paid Ads. The information as main have said you can find this on your own.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
What up hustlers!

Hope you're all killing it out there.

I need some advice: what should I do with $1500?

My long term goal is to build a successful Saas company.

My short term goal is to find a way to start.

I originally wanted to take Anton Kraly's Dropshipping lifestyle course. For those of you that don't know, it is a $1200 course that teaches you how to launch a dropshipping store on Shopify. Lots of people are apparently finding success through it. And dropshipping on eBay has given me an idea for a good ecommerce niche. Only problem is this has nothing to do with Saas.

I also want to start copywriting. I've been reading people's posts on here saying that it is an invaluable skill to have. Now that I have some decent cash at my disposal I want to make the right investment.

Should I take the course and open my own dropshipping store? I consider this option because it seems like a good way to earn passive income for a startup. And potentially give me a chance to find some Saas problem to solve.

Or should I stick to eBay arbitrage for now?

OR build a copywriting portfolio??

If anyone has any brilliant ideas (basically anything I seem to be missing here) feel free to comment.

Thanks

You're still in 'do it for me' mode. Step 1 for you is to get out of that mode. If you don't, you're begging to be taken advantage of. You'll fall for:
1) expensive courses that will show you the easy road to millions (I'd recommend playing the lottery instead...better chance of success)
2) various schemes that will line the drop-shippers' pockets (but not yours)
3) various other 'get rich easy' schemes

If you haven't already, read The Millionaire Fastlane . I'm listening to the audio book version for the third time myself. Its worth the investment. It will help put you in the driver's seat of your life.

Also, read some of the threads on here written by people with successful businesses. Notice the tone they use and compare it to the tone used by people just starting out. Start adopting the tone of the successful ones. (confident, in-control, short, sweet, to the point, gets to the heart of the matter quickly, knows where they're going and what they should do to get there, asks specific questions)

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
Don't pay for that course. there is more than enough free info around

As for Saas, look into pre-selling. and always always revolve your product around the person's pains, needs and wants.

axeman92

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Dec 19, 2015
Minnesota
You're still in 'do it for me' mode. Step 1 for you is to get out of that mode. If you don't, you're begging to be taken advantage of. You'll fall for:
1) expensive courses that will show you the easy road to millions (I'd recommend playing the lottery instead...better chance of success)
2) various schemes that will line the drop-shippers' pockets (but not yours)
3) various other 'get rich easy' schemes

If you haven't already, read The Millionaire Fastlane . I'm listening to the audio book version for the third time myself. Its worth the investment. It will help put you in the driver's seat of your life.

Also, read some of the threads on here written by people with successful businesses. Notice the tone they use and compare it to the tone used by people just starting out. Start adopting the tone of the successful ones. (confident, in-control, short, sweet, to the point, gets to the heart of the matter quickly, knows where they're going and what they should do to get there, asks specific questions)

I feel like my questions were pretty specific. And coming off like I know exactly what I'm doing would defeat the whole purpose of this thread. I am at a point where I need to start making wise decisions. I want good insight from helpful people.

I'm pretty confident in my abilities. I don't have much experience in Saas or starting a business but I'm driven as hell to succeed. No matter what it takes. I can go into beast mode any time I want.

I started from literally nothing to my name to $1500+ in less than two months. All from eBay arbitrage. Which is kind of a joke if you think about it. But if I can conjure money out of thin air like that then I know the future doesn't look too grim for me. As long as I keep hustling hard and stay willing to learn from other people.

I've read the book and I know that MLM is a scam from personal experience. I almost joined one two years ago and thankfully came to my senses quickly. This dropshipping course I'm talking about isn't quite like that. Instead of being an affiliate marketer you actually open your own ecommerce store selling in a particular niche. And I've known a few people who are making 6 figures a year in their sleep and literally living the 4 Hour Workweek. All from this ecommerce venture they started with the course. I brought this into the picture because let's face it--EVERY business has expenses to begin with. I just wanted some clarity on whether or not it would be worth it.

I've decided to pursue ecommerce for now. Gonna save the cash and do my own homework. Cheers :)

axeman92

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Dec 19, 2015
Minnesota
Don't pay for that course. there is more than enough free info around

As for Saas, look into pre-selling. and always always revolve your product around the person's pains, needs and wants.

Just curious...did you join The Foundation?

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I feel like my questions were pretty specific. And coming off like I know exactly what I'm doing would defeat the whole purpose of this thread. I am at a point where I need to start making wise decisions. I want good insight from helpful people.

I'm pretty confident in my abilities. I don't have much experience in Saas or starting a business but I'm driven as hell to succeed. No matter what it takes. I can go into beast mode any time I want.

I started from literally nothing to my name to $1500+ in less than two months. All from eBay arbitrage. Which is kind of a joke if you think about it. But if I can conjure money out of thin air like that then I know the future doesn't look too grim for me. As long as I keep hustling hard and stay willing to learn from other people.

I've read the book and I know that MLM is a scam from personal experience. I almost joined one two years ago and thankfully came to my senses quickly. This dropshipping course I'm talking about isn't quite like that. Instead of being an affiliate marketer you actually open your own ecommerce store selling in a particular niche. And I've known a few people who are making 6 figures a year in their sleep and literally living the 4 Hour Workweek. All from this ecommerce venture they started with the course. I brought this into the picture because let's face it--EVERY business has expenses to begin with. I just wanted some clarity on whether or not it would be worth it.

I've decided to pursue ecommerce for now. Gonna save the cash and do my own homework. Cheers :)

I'm not sure how to respond. Best of luck.

Good decision not to take that course. Drop-shipping is not a good way to make a lot of money long-term unless you're adding significant value during the sales process. (If you're brokering airplanes, or designing complex networking systems then drop-shipping will still make you some serious cash.) Drop-shipping near-commodity items, though, won't. The value is created in sourcing and designing the product, and that has already been taken care of for you. What happens when you don't add much value is that other competitors will come in and eat away your profits.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.