The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Frustration

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
This past week has been the most frustrating business week of my life since I taught myself PHP. At least 100 obstacles - problem after problem that I didn't know how to get through. After every problem, I was about to give up and call it a night.

...but then I changed one thing from what I normally did. I didn't give up, and pushed through each obstacle one at a time until I made it to the other side. Google is my best friend when I am lost. Now that I learned how to climb these walls, I am one step higher than the rest.

On the other side of pain is success. Don't give up and you WILL make it.

</rant>

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Breaking Free

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Aug 4, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Google is the key to my slowlane job. It has about 95% of the answers you need. Sometimes I wonder if I could write a book on how to Google, because not everyone seems to get how to browse the web...

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Every time I experience struggle and frustration I tell myself that this all just part of the barriers to entry. If someone could just walk through the front door then is it really Fastlane? Nope you gotta find a way to break through a security steel door.

All of the uncertainty, lack of feedback, struggle and confusion is just a barrier to entry as a bundle along with the business itself. It's enough to intimidate others into giving up.

Put it this way, every time you experience frustration and confusion it means you are about to learn something very valuable.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Every time I experience struggle and frustration I tell myself that this all just part of the barriers to entry. If someone could just walk through the front door then is it really Fastlane? Nope you gotta find a way to break through a security steel door.

All of the uncertainty, lack of feedback, struggle and confusion is just a barrier to entry as a bundle along with the business itself. It's enough to intimidate others into giving up.

Put it this way, every time you experience frustration and confusion it means you are about to learn something very valuable.

An equaliser ;)
Sort the men from the boys kinda stuff (if only that wasn't so cliche to say/you said it a hell of a lot better).

AndrewNC:
I think it is great when the problems line up one after the other. Its such a huge step towards real progress that with a little elbow grease it just makes improvement innevitable.

These obstacles are SO much better than philosophical dismay. So, so, so, so much better! I hate dismay, and this is the way out. And after enough rungs are climbed, you find a little bit of what you need and it rejouvenates you to go again.

:D

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

This is exactly why I posted this. For the first year of my journey down this road of business - it was a mental block not understanding the progress one makes when they push through those barriers. If you train your mind to embrace these challenges that 99% of other people back away from, things become so much clearer.

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
If you train your mind to embrace these challenges that 99% of other people back away from, things become so much clearer.

Yup ^^. Plan for it. Figure 10x.

10 times more work.

10 times harder.

10 times longer.

411lRPUXF9L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

ricktx

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jun 27, 2013
Texas, USA
This past week has been the most frustrating business week of my life since I taught myself PHP. At least 100 obstacles - problem after problem that I didn't know how to get through. After every problem, I was about to give up and call it a night.

...but then I changed one thing from what I normally did. I didn't give up, and pushed through each obstacle one at a time until I made it to the other side. Google is my best friend when I am lost. Now that I learned how to climb these walls, I am one step higher than the rest.

On the other side of pain is success. Don't give up and you WILL make it.

</rant>

My slow live job involves Level 3 Tech for a data center operations, and google is my best friend also. 90% plus problem can be solve by a simple search.

I was a programmer (coder) back in the 1980's to the mid 1990's, before Google. Now that was a bit%*. Laugh

Coding (programming) gets easier. I remember many of those nights myself.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.