The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FRUAD? Did I just get screwed out of 3,000$ USD?

Johnathan Ta

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 14, 2012
Long story short - as I don't want to jump to conclusions...

Anyone else having trouble with contact to china?
My payment cleared on their Friday evening, so understandably didn't get confirmation from the supplier.
but now....
It's tuesday
I googled it and it seems that its the Dragon Boat Festival holiday, goes on till thursday.
Losing my mind - 3,000$ cleared and no responses.

Background checked the company, everything seemed kosher, even the paypal address I wired to was registered to the official website. everything checked out....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
Don't freak out yet. I had this happen to me when it was their new yr. Everybody took off for about a month. The festival just started. Send them an e-mail saying you need to get confirmation from them. Just hang in a few more days.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Got to be patient. My contacts are out too. They told me about this holiday in advance. BIG deal in China.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
If you used paypal you should be protected right?

Johnathan Ta

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 14, 2012
All good!

Got an email, theyre back tomorrow
Thanks for keeping me sane dude hehe :)

PHD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Sep 5, 2011
Gold Coast, Australia
Most of the Chinese suppliers I have worked with will tell you in advance about their holidays as they understand that we don't operate the same as them. I'm fortunate enough that the few I'm in contact with currently keep in contact via email daily, even during holidays.

Glad to hear you're not the victim of any foul play though

codo3500

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jun 6, 2013
I remember last year this caught me by surprise. I was drop-shipping and they unfortunately didn't warn me - the amount of refunds I had to process due to this was crazy, PayPal questioned me pretty hard about the dilemma (I'm talking 100+ Orders). I switched suppliers after this; communicating a holiday period like this is absolutely crucial.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.