The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Rich Dad down through the rabbit hole

Garthog

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 8, 2015
Hi,

So quick introduction, I just turned 29 and I am currently starting up after finally having sold the family estate (including the family business). Sob story: I inherited this together with my mother and it took over 10 years from my life.

I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad in 2012 and I've traversed the rabbit hole ever since, listening to podcasts and reading books. I did become active in real estate on the side (as one does), for which I fortunately ended up at BiggerPockets. But the country I live in is not the high margin real estate opportunity it is in some places in the USA. I wish someone told me that before wasting two years, though I fortunately came out the other end in the black.

So I am now basically looking for other ventures.

These forums seem like they are to entrepreneurship what BiggerPockets is to real estate, so I hope to get the same involved mindset and community benefits.

The two main opportunities I am looking at are buying cash flowing websites and starting something in import-export and its relevant logistics. There's also the kindle book route as a secondary.

I'm looking forward to becoming an active part of the community!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Welcome!

Cash flowing websites are "dangerous" as they mostly rely on ad revenue and/or affiliate commissions. So theres a lot of stuff out of your control.

Import/Export on the other hand is a definitely a great business model. You will find A LOT of resources on that here. Check out @Walter Hay 's threads on the "technical" side of importing and basically a lot of progress threads especially on the inside.

I also recommend investing in an INSIDERS subscription and reading the fastlane book if you havent already. Both provide enormous value.

I would also recommend maybe changing your username to not reflect your real name. All content here rises to the top of google pretty fast. Not necessarily bad, but some people might not know this and might want to keep their discussions here a bit more private.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

Garthog

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 8, 2015
I read the book, sorry, I should have started my introduction with that perhaps.

For the websites, I bought the book from exitplan.co and I am looking in the +25,000 USD range, so I don't intend to make rookie mistakes. I'm looking for immediate cash flow investments within my control, as I do have quite some background in websites, this trumps real estate when I look at the multiples and due diligence is quite similar to that for real estate.

Good to hear there's a lot on importing on these forums and thanks for the warm welcome!

I'll try changing my username. I came from BiggerPockets and there you're obligated to use your real name, so thanks for the heads up!

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Bienvenue/ Welcome Thierry, i would suggest to read the articles and go to archives for the progress thread ( i printed some so i could underline some advice )
I am relatively new as well, but already learned a lot ....and ( this is why reading archives is important especially the progress threads ) is very helpful to not make the same mistakes done by others before while starting/ running a business.

Garthog

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 8, 2015
Thanks Bila, that's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. This is a pretty vast place, but I'll get the hang of it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...