The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Anything related to matters of the mind

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Imagine having a map to buried treasure, a journey that can change your life in unimaginable magnitude.

And yet, after close examination of the map, you decide to sit home and do nothing because the journey looks difficult, or the journey doesn't come with a mentor that will hold your hand.

This scenario best describes how most people approach life, and their refusal to embrace their personal power.

The fact is, DISCIPLINE has replaced LUCK as the sole thing that stops you from succeeding.

A century ago, education and knowledge was a privilege secured from birth, and having the LUCK to be born in the right family in the right city.

Today, the world's knowledge is at your fingertips and readily accessible with a computer or a smartphone.

Per market researcher eMarketer, 63% of adults on the planet have smartphones—but those phones aren't making them smart, they are making them dumber.

A great startup story of this truth comes from Moiz Ali, the founder of Native Deodorant which sold to P&G for nine-figures in 2020. Codie Sanchez tweeted (X'd) a great write up of the story which featured the following statement from Moiz.

“I know nothing, and in six months, I’m going to become one of the world’s leading experts on deodorant. I’m just going to spend my time learning, and I’m going to figure it out.”

You see, DISCIPLINE is the only thing required to unlock a treasure trove of resources, resources which can change your life forever.

With the right commitment and focus, you can go from dummy to expert in a matter of months.

Or, you can continue to spend 5 hours a day on TikTok, X, and Netflix while complaining you don't have the skills to change anything. Sorry, you don't have the discipline to change anything and until you do, nothing will change.

So how do you become disciplined? Someone asked this in the Unscripted Telegram Network to which I posited, the better question is to ask, "What PREVENTS you from being disciplined?"

If you want to be more disciplined, examine the enemies of discipline... and then remove or defeat those enemies.

• Poor Environment: A great example was when I lived in Chicago - I couldn't be disciplined there so I moved to Arizona, an environment which narrowed my focus and strengthened commitment.
  • Distractions: Distraction is now a business model. Everything is engineered to harvest your focus and attention which is revenue for many companies, and a distraction for you. The more successful these companies are with their high-paid psychological operatives in attention, the less successful you become. Remove distractions; delete TikTok, cancel the Netflix, and dump the Roblox subscription.
  • Lack of Purpose: If you were sitting on the railroad tracks and a train was steaming toward you, how hard would you find it to be disciplined? How hard would it be to have a purpose (I don't want to get run over by a train!) You see, when you discover your purpose, no matter how vague or specific, discipline becomes as urgent as jumping off the train tracks. Purpose comes with a companion: discipline.

The power to change your circumstances is within your control, and within your access.

Unprecedented times. Take advantage now and choose to use your smartphone to make you smart, not dumb.

PS: Better, Moiz actually comments in the thread and beautifully replies to haters who say, "The product sucks."

He has the same reply as I do when I encounter a person who says one (or all) my books suck.

Well, 10,000,000 people disagree with your opinion.

Here's the thread...

View: https://twitter.com/Codie_Sanchez/status/1706662865464393862

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Trismigistus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Sep 5, 2023
I've posted and commented in one of my books about Native Deodorant and its founding story.

Here's another great write up with some awesome takeaways, including that the founder (Moiz) knew absolutely nothing about deodorant and committed to becoming an expert in just a few months.

Folks, this is the power you have with the internet.

Anything you want to learn is out there. Available for the taking.

You commit to it. Or you continue playing video games, surfing TikTok, or binging Netflix.

Better, Moiz actually comments in the thread and beautifully replies to haters who say, "The product sucks."

He has the same reply as I do when I encounter a person who says one (or all) my books suck.

Here's the thread...

Good post, your initial learning to code in your first book inspired me to take my own route as well, I have spent the past two weeks using all my free time to fully initiate my self in web development to get my business going. Still a long way to go but after I will be able to command my own website no matter what the business is. You rock MJ, thank you for helping us.

ElenaPatrice

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 13, 2023
Front Royal, VA
Ryan Moran's video with Moiz is a great watch!
View: https://youtu.be/BUU51RrAaoU?si=wda00Eohdx4NiV8V

It cannot be expressed enough the plethora of opportunities for ANYONE on the internet ... what a time in which we live! It really is mind blowing. Your book drives it home again and again and I read it again and again. It's baffling how many obstacles people put in their own way and the endless excuses. The divide is so obvious between those who understand this clearly and those who are too lazy and distracted to.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

NataliaO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Dec 14, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Imagine having a map to buried treasure, a journey that can change your life in unimaginable magnitude.

And yet, after close examination of the map, you decide to sit home and do nothing because the journey looks difficult, or the journey doesn't come with a mentor that will hold your hand.

This scenario best describes how most people approach life, and their refusal to embrace their personal power.

The fact is, DISCIPLINE has replaced LUCK as the sole thing that stops you from succeeding.

A century ago, education and knowledge was a privilege secured from birth, and having the LUCK to be born in the right family in the right city.

Today, the world's knowledge is at your fingertips and readily accessible with a computer or a smartphone.

Per market researcher eMarketer, 63% of adults on the planet have smartphones—but those phones aren't making them smart, they are making them dumber.

DISCIPLINE is the only thing required to unlock this treasure trove of resources, resources which can change your life forever.

With the right commitment and focus, you can go from dummy to expert in a matter of months.

A great startup story of this truth comes from Moiz Ali, the founder of Native Deodorant which sold to P&G for nine-figures in 2020. Codie Sanchez tweeted (X'd) a great write up of the story which featured the following statement from Moiz.

“I know nothing, and in six months, I’m going to become one of the world’s leading experts on deodorant. I’m just going to spend my time learning, and I’m going to figure it out.”

You see, DISCIPLINE is the only thing required to unlock a treasure trove of resources, resources which can change your life forever.

Or, you can continue to spend 5 hours a day on TikTok, X, and Netflix while complaining you don't have the skills to change anything. Sorry, you don't have the discipline to change anything and until you do, nothing will change.

So how do you become disciplined? Someone asked this in the Unscripted Telegram Network to which I posited, the better question is to ask, "What PREVENTS you from being disciplined?"

If you want to be more disciplined, examine the enemies of discipline... and then remove or defeat those enemies.

• Poor Environment: A great example was when I lived in Chicago - I couldn't be disciplined there so I moved to Arizona, an environment which narrowed my focus and strengthened commitment.
  • Distractions: Distraction is now a business model. Everything is engineered to harvest your focus and attention which is revenue for many companies, and a distraction for you. The more successful these companies are with their high-paid psychological operatives in attention, the less successful you become. Remove distractions; delete TikTok, cancel the Netflix, and dump the Roblox subscription.
  • Lack of Purpose: If you were sitting on the railroad tracks and a train was steaming toward you, how hard would you find it to be disciplined? How hard would it be to have a purpose (I don't want to get run over by a train!) You see, when you discover your purpose, no matter how vague or specific, discipline becomes as urgent as jumping off the train tracks. Purpose comes with a companion: discipline.

The power to change your circumstances is within your control, and within your access.

Unprecedented times. Take advantage now and choose to use your smartphone to make you smart, not dumb.

PS: Better, Moiz actually comments in the thread and beautifully replies to haters who say, "The product sucks."

Here's the thread...

I noticed that many people (including myself until recently) think DISCIPLINE is when they FORCE themselves to do the right thing, whatever that might be.

That way of looking at it did not work for me at all until I reframed it for myself as a CHOICE. For example, I've recently started following a Miracle Morning routine and all my family is making fun of me, seeing it as if I'm exercising my willpower to wake up an hour early to do the meditation, affirmations, take a brisk walk outside, and so on. But it has nothing to do with the willpower. It's just a choice I make every morning. And making this choice feels good, there is no forcing of any kind, no resistance of any kind.

Sometimes people forget that choices made by omission or by not making any choice, are still choices with consequences.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I noticed that many people (including myself until recently) think DISCIPLINE is when they FORCE themselves to do the right thing, whatever that might be.

That way of looking at it did not work for me at all until I reframed it for myself as a CHOICE. For example, I've recently started following a Miracle Morning routine and all my family is making fun of me, seeing it as if I'm exercising my willpower to wake up an hour early to do the meditation, affirmations, take a brisk walk outside, and so on. But it has nothing to do with the willpower. It's just a choice I make every morning. And making this choice feels good, there is no forcing of any kind, no resistance of any kind.

Sometimes people forget that choices made by omission or by not making any choice, are still choices with consequences.

As Jim Rohn said, we have two choices: The pain of discipline, or the pain of regret.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Ryan Moran's video with Moiz is a great watch!
View: https://youtu.be/BUU51RrAaoU?si=wda00Eohdx4NiV8V

It cannot be expressed enough the plethora of opportunities for ANYONE on the internet ... what a time in which we live! It really is mind blowing. Your book drives it home again and again and I read it again and again. It's baffling how many obstacles people put in their own way and the endless excuses. The divide is so obvious between those who understand this clearly and those who are too lazy and distracted to.
Ryan is awesome he's got some good content.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Everyone thinks the equation to wealth is in a scroll with a special language only few can learn.

It looks something like this:

P= Problem
S= solution
F = Freedom
L = Learning
R = Research
A = Action
PS = Problem Solved

F = PS
PS = S + P
P = S + A + L + R
S = P + A + L + R

Therefore, the simple, square root of freedom is ACTION, LEARNING, and RESEARCH. But action, learning and research have a ton of factors.

Here’s the map you were talking about MJ;) I had to sneak into the unscripted warehouse.IMG_2344.jpeg

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022

Here's the thread...

I used to hate putting in the work and process but now I actively enjoy putting the work, I look forward to it

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
"• Launching subscription plans
Asking for video customer testimonials & using these as ads
Sending humanized, fun emails & cards with purchases (i.e. upgrading customer experience)" I need to take notes

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.