The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fitness Goal... Reward.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
OK guys. So the way I have done this is not strict one way or another. I did paleo for a while, surprisingly, I actually got sick of eating steaks and chicken. Started eating bread and pasta again and just ate lean.

So I NEVER eat fast food any more. EVER. I used to eat it 4-5 times per week.

I ALWAYS get some kind of exercise EVERY DAY.

And what I have been doing lately is loading up on protein in the morning and going until 5-7PM without eating anything else. Then I eat dinner. This morning I ate a Cliff Builders bar with 20g or protein and drank an Atkins shake with another 15g of protein. I have only taken in 430 calories today and I will feel fine almost all day. I also drink a lot of water, tea and coffee instead of soda or sports drinks.

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
I am disappointed that you got tired of eating steak and chicken.

You are saying that you eat in the morning and then you wait until 5 or 7 to eat again? I thought that you are suppose to eat tiny meals every 3 hours or so?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I suprisingly don't get as hungry this way. I jump start the metabolism and let it eat away my fat until dinner. :D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Did you retain muscle mass?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
9 pounds away, man. You're at the home stretch!

vtlambo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Mar 10, 2012
Did you retain muscle mass?

Not possible on 430 calories a day. I mean nobody else except for you will know but at 430 calories, your brain is probably telling you it's doing fine but your organs will suffer if that's kept up.

I'm just looking out for you. I did the same before someone drilled this into my head and told me of the repercussions of eating below 1200 calories a day.

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
Yea, I don't think it's about not feeling hungry, but about providing enough energy and nutrients so you body can keep up. I just don't think someone can live a healthy lifestyle on less than 500 calories a day, there is just something about that that says eat more!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Not possible on 430 calories a day. I mean nobody else except for you will know but at 430 calories, your brain is probably telling you it's doing fine but your organs will suffer if that's kept up.

I'm just looking out for you. I did the same before someone drilled this into my head and told me of the repercussions of eating below 1200 calories a day.

I am eating 430 calories between 7AM and dinner time. After that I eat dinner LOL. Had chicken fajitas tonight. I think you got the wrong idea.

vtlambo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Mar 10, 2012
I am eating 430 calories between 7AM and dinner time. After that I eat dinner LOL. Had chicken fajitas tonight. I think you got the wrong idea.

LOL, my mistake, I read the initial post too fast.

Keep doing what you're doing man! You're probably going to have to do a complete wardrobe change soon with the weight you've lost.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
I suggest you read the thread about Paleo and Intermittent Fasting. That combination has worked wonders for me.

I was very skeptical of all the diets were the testimonials were given by 18-20 year old people because my metabolism at 36 is completely different. Another forum member at 35 told me of his progress. I gave it a try and I have lost 20 lbs since Jan 15th.

I understand, but I don't care. I have lost 10lbs without doing all that, so what I do works, and so long as I stick to it, I'm good. I hate DIET, any kind of diet. I want to eat what I want, when I want. That's how I eat, that way when I reach my goal, I don't have to change my lifestyle. We are about the same age.

By the way, this thread can only be epic with before and after pictures when we reach our goals.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I understand, but I don't care.
Understood.

And speaking of changing wardrobe, went buying pants two nights ago. Had to replace my favorite pair of slacks and my best jeans. This is the expensive part of the lifestyle change.

phenom4hire

Onwards and Upwards
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 26, 2011
Jesup, GA
Im 26 and blessed with a pretty fast metabolism still, so what I do probably would not work well for some. Before I decided I need to trim up and get a little more active, I was eating enough for 3 people because I happen to love all types of food. The hardest part to me was just giving up some of the flavors I had become used to. I like to grill so that helps but some things just cannot be replicated. Anyway, I eat oatmeal or egg whites in the morning with some fruit. Some greek yogurt, peanut butter, or mixed nuts for a snack. For lunch I usually eat grilled chicken and veggies, lean steak with veggies or something similar. Another snack in the afternoon. For dinner, I eat what I want but I don't overdo it. I having added any MRP shakes in the diet yet, because I just want to see where I am at when I trim down. I am maintaining muscle mass and its becoming more defined. I am not trying to become a bodybuilder or such. I have cheated a few times to fix the cravings before that become uncontrollable, lol. I still throw down a six pack or some bourbon every now and then. My workout is unorthodox to say the least, I do lots of bodyweight exercises at times, sometimes dumbbells, sometimes regular weights depending where I am and how much time I have. I am happy so far with the results and obviously doing something is better than doing nothing.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This is the best diet I have ever been on. It is the dont eat as much food diet.

I have lost weight since the 199 post I can tell. :)

I will weigh in tonight at the gym.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Im 26 and blessed with a pretty fast metabolism still, so what I do probably would not work well for some. Before I decided I need to trim up and get a little more active, I was eating enough for 3 people because I happen to love all types of food. The hardest part to me was just giving up some of the flavors I had become used to. I like to grill so that helps but some things just cannot be replicated. Anyway, I eat oatmeal or egg whites in the morning with some fruit. Some greek yogurt, peanut butter, or mixed nuts for a snack. For lunch I usually eat grilled chicken and veggies, lean steak with veggies or something similar. Another snack in the afternoon. For dinner, I eat what I want but I don't overdo it. I having added any MRP shakes in the diet yet, because I just want to see where I am at when I trim down. I am maintaining muscle mass and its becoming more defined. I am not trying to become a bodybuilder or such. I have cheated a few times to fix the cravings before that become uncontrollable, lol. I still throw down a six pack or some bourbon every now and then. My workout is unorthodox to say the least, I do lots of bodyweight exercises at times, sometimes dumbbells, sometimes regular weights depending where I am and how much time I have. I am happy so far with the results and obviously doing something is better than doing nothing.

I would weigh 240 pounds on this diet. :D

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Kicked it in the a$$ on friday knowing I am bearing down on the 190 by May goal.

I need to make shit happen. I am hovering around 200.

Spent an average of 2 hours in the gym each day since friday. Going to keep it up through the 22nd when I leave for a 9 day vacation.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Kak, I admire your determination in going to the gym that often and that hard.
I did something similar when following the insanity routines daily.
I definitely felt better but did not lose weight.

The secret I found out was to focus more on what you eat.

We talked about it already. I follow a Paleo lifestyle and eat tons of good food and practically don't exercise.

Have lost 20 of the 25 pounds I needed in two months eating lots of food and never being hungry, and at the same time saving hours of gym time that were not making a real difference.

I recommend you strongly focus on what you eat for a month and compare notes with your current results.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Fully agreed with andvid. Daily workouts are great for getting your mind focussed and feeling great (looking forward to when I can do this again in a few months when I can afford a gym again in Germany), but they won't necessarily make you lose weight. Jump on the paleo train, Kak, you won't regret it!

vtlambo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Mar 10, 2012
Kicked it in the a$$ on friday knowing I am bearing down on the 190 by May goal.

I need to make shit happen. I am hovering around 200.

Spent an average of 2 hours in the gym each day since friday. Going to keep it up through the 22nd when I leave for a 9 day vacation.

Kak, I would check out what andviv and theag have mentioned about your diet. It may already be in great shape but minor tweaking will make a huge difference. I started out at the same weight as you and just recently got to 188lbs and it feels great after eating paleo.

As far as exercise, I go to the gym once a week on the weekend. The other days I use things we do everyday as 'exercise'. Use the stairs, have a phone conversation standing up vs. sitting down (if you're on your cellphone, just walk around instead of sitting in a chair) etc. Stuff like this really helps man. In addition to eating paleo - I wouldn't be suprised if you get to 185lbs or better by your deadline.

Keep up the great work!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Just wanted to update everyone. I hit 186 today and got measured for 2 new custom suits :)

I got to my fitness goal. Now I'm going to start lifting and just eating to maintain.

Lost 40 total pounds.

em1L

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
May 19, 2013
Sweden
Congratulations on reaching your goals - what kind of workout programs did you have in mind?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
If you're looking to get stronger, try Starting Strength. I've been doing it for only 2 weeks and have seen substantial increases in my numbers already.

Starting Strength: Products

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
All kindzzzz

G

GuestUser8117

Great accomplishment kak. You inspire me to do the same. I have at least 30 pounds to lose. The problem is I'm always eating big meals. I just eat to fkn much.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.