The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Female Entrepreneur Running to the Fastlane!

Bentley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Oct 10, 2012
Portland, Oregon
Hello! So who am I?

A Detail-oriented red head and (becoming a more) assertive entrepreneur, my name is Kirsten from Portland, Oregon. :)

I've been married almost 5 years to an entrepreneur who owns his own company and I had to decide to jump on board or be left behind - marriage is teamwork and the best way to support my amazing husband is to have like-minded goals!

Back up a few years before meeting my husband, I never had the desire to be a millionaire - I am naturally content with what I have.

BUT, I do want a family. I want to be able to be home and actually raise my (future) kids instead of letting others do that for me. I want to be able to be generous with my time, and leave a legacy of financial knowledge to my family, friends, and others who I come in contact with. I want to be able to travel with my husband while we are still young.

I currently work at a church and I am not one of those people who hate their jobs, but I would love to not have to depend on working there for a paycheck. My time could be leveraged to do so much more if I weren't dependent on a W-2.

...and that is my million-dollar reason and drive that got me into action!

The last 6 years I have had my own Wedding Coordinating business, and after struggling in the industry (highly competitive, saturated market, and low demand) decided last month to pursue other ideas.

Sitting in Puerto Vallarta right now on vacation with my husband, reading MJ DeMarco's book, when an idea came to me about how I could use my 6 years of knowledge in the wedding industry and create a website service that would help brides AND vendors.

Excited to start my new pursuit (Way wait? I've already started :D). I'll keep you all updated on my progress, and plan on learning on this forum from those farther down the "road" than me!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fellipe

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Sep 5, 2011
Bentley,
I have been almost 10 years into Wedding Photography, and I decided to transform this slowlane job into a fastlane business, with my prior expertise. Although my area is photography I can definitely see a great SaaS for wedding planners. Wish you success!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...