The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Feedback on BestOffr Startup

Would you consider using BestOffr.com as it grows?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

BestOffr

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 24, 2015
New York
We have created a new website https://www.bestoffr.com that is based on buying and selling using Best Offers only. There is not fixed pricing, buy it now, reserves or bidding. The system is very simple, the seller lists the item with a price they are looking to get for an item. The buyer does not see this price, an can submit offers for the item. If the offer is equal or greater than the sellers price the item will automatically be added to the buyers cart at the price the buyer submitted the offer for. We do not show prices on the site.

Example: You have an antique tool that you found and want to sell online. The issue is that you cannot find information on this tool and you do not have time to keep looking. List your item with a price of $125. The item is listed in your store and buyers can start submitting offers. Buyers do not see your price of $125. A buyer submits an offer of $375 for the antique tool. At that time, the buyer can now add the item to their cart for the $375. Any offers that are less than your price will be rejected and the buyer is instantly notified. You have now made $250 more than what your originally asked for the item. The buyer knew the value of the item in which they place a $375 offer. Both the buyer and seller are satisfied with the sale.

How I can attract more people to start using the site and listing items. Without items for sale on the site we cannot attract buyers. There are no fees involved and the seller uses a PayPal account to collect sales. The site uses SSL throughout. I have tried to make the site SEO friendly throughout. I have linked to all social networks and have linked to Google and Bing webmaster tools.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
Your USP of using best offers only is not compelling enough to compete with ebay, if I want to sell something (secondhand/used) I'll go to ebay because that's where all the buyers are and where I'll get the most offers to review, to attract buyers you could niche down/ focuss on a target market, don't try to sell everything to everyone focuss on one niche, maybe insert ebay best offer product feeds into your site so you have listings, try and partner with liquidation/ surplass stock companies, retailers/ brand owners looking to do product launches like best offer giveaway deals etc

Last edited:

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
Ideally, the buyer now knows that he will be paying something more than necessary as you have explained the model on the website as well.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
One problem.

Say I bid $375 for the tool you're using as an example. I then know it is at least available at that price.
Can a friend or family member not create another account and offer $200 and see if that price works?
Or keep making offers going up from say $50 until it allows me to add it to the cart?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.