The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Favourite alcohol beverage?

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
it doesnt work in ie either.

I dont usually ever drink.

if I had to pick one itd either be khalua or peach schnapps. (khaula n cream(milk) or fuzzy navel)

shehanaaz

Banned
Apr 3, 2009
My favorite alcoholic beverage is Austin Nichols Wild Turkey 101 proof straight bourbon whiskey served on the rocks with a twist of lemon. This is not a drink for the faint hearted.
-------------

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
My liquor days are over...

Pale Ale all the way! lol

Last night was Shock Top, though normally to busy hustling to drink!

NoMoneyDown

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Round Rock, TX
shehanaaz - LOL. When I was younger (and could stomach it), my favorite was Jack Daniels straight out of the bottle. I later mixed with coke or a berry tea. Once I started having kids, though, I just quit alcohol altogether. Haven't touched it in over 6 years.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Shehannaaz was a spammer ... I doubt he was being genuine.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Jack Daniels all the way here.... Anyone over the age of 22 who is still drinking beer is kidding themselves. Grow up and move on from the frat party and have a real cocktail! Especially you women out there that drink beer -- You look ridiculous doing it, and the yeast makes you fat for god's sake, switch to Vodka at once! You look way more sophisticated with a Martini in your hand! I offer you this advice free of charge.

:smxG:

Cheers!

- Hakrjak

RealOG

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 20, 2007
Austin, Texas, United States
I love wine, but Vodka is my drink of choice. I drink it straight, on ice, with a twist. Mixers do nothing but add calories. Absolut is the lowest I will go, preferring grey goose or belvy. Actually, best vodka i have had is Kirkland Brand from Costco. Surprisingly great, though it ruins my game when I try to order it at the bars...

And hak's right, it does make me look like a more sophisticated women!

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs

ROFL... -- Well Wine & Vodka do seem to be ladies drinks, but I'll give you a pass since atleast you're not drinking beer. I'll bet drinking that stuff makes you appear to be a very sensitive guy ;) I drink a glass of wine here or there when I need to appear to be in a class better than I really am, but afterwards I'm always disgusted with myself. haha

-Hakrjak

kcbizwoman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Sep 29, 2007
Central Ontario, Canada
Rum and coke but it has to be an amber rum.
Amaretto on the rocks for something different.
White wine if I'm out for dinner but never more
than 2 glasses, usually only 1. Wine affects me
really fast.

This weekend my girlfriend made us a vodka drink
her trainer suggested to lower her sugar and carb
intake when she drinks. She would normally drink
beer and that was hindering her fitness goals.
Anyway recipe: vodka, cranberry juice and a clear
soda with 0 calories (I forget what she used). It
made a really nice drink and will be perfect for
sitting on the patio sipping from a cocktail glass.

When I'm out with friends I usually only have one
drink. I've never been much of a drinker.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
I love micro brews and I'm always up to try a new or different beer. My favorite is Magic Hat #9. Magic Hat is very cool, brewed in VT.

http://www.magichat.net/

For the hard stuff I like Vodka, Whiskey, and rum. Seagram's VO, Ketal 1, and Mount Gay are my favorites. I like them mixed but my way, 90% liquir with a splash of whatever mixer I am drinking that night.

I tried Scotch at my friends house the other day and didn't like it. But I have to say adding a splash of water really does wake it up.

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
Absolut is the lowest I will go, preferring grey goose or belvy.

Skyy is my vodka of choice now. I used to be a Goose and Belvedere lover also, but once I had Skyy I questioned why spend more money for same quality. I use it for mixers though.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sambuca ...
Malibu and Coke ...
Jack and Coke ...

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Skyy is my vodka of choice now. I used to be a Goose and Belvedere lover also, but once I had Skyy I questioned why spend more money for same quality. I use it for mixers though.

I question anyone who says they can discern different brands of Vodka by taste, because it all tastes exactly the same to me -- especially if you are serving it with tonic & a lime, or mixing it with some fruit juice. Maybe the headache the next day is different, but the flavor seems the same. I have heard that Sky Vodka was developed purposely to not give headaches the next day though -- Part of their design. I like that!

Now Whiskey & Bourbon are a completely different story. Each has it's own bold flavor and different style.

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Sambuca ...
Malibu and Coke ...
Jack and Coke ...

:thumbsup:

As far as anything being under 21 and rarely drink I don't really know of many good drinks. I just know jack and coke is the only thing I have actually enjoyed while drinking. haha

Colbehh

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 7, 2008
Top Shelf Long Island Teas
Macallan 25 scotch

eTyler19

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 19, 2008
SW Michigan
Disaronno on the rocks.

AlwaysCurious

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jan 16, 2008
GMT +1
German beer, polish vodka and red wines from france, italy and australia.
Everything pure, low ammounts, no mixes. Mixes cause headaches...

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
fuzzy navel

yes I know I am a dude, stop looking at me funny. I just like them, so deal with it.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I love wine, but Vodka is my drink of choice. I drink it straight, on ice, with a twist. Mixers do nothing but add calories. Absolut is the lowest I will go, preferring grey goose or belvy. Actually, best vodka i have had is Kirkland Brand from Costco. Surprisingly great, though it ruins my game when I try to order it at the bars...

That is because that Costco vodka is exactly the same vodka as Bel.

Top Shelf Long Island Teas
Macallan 25 scotch

Really? There are a lot of people frowning at mixing good alcohol for such a drink. (And I drink LIIT myself)

fuzzy navel

yes I know I am a dude, stop looking at me funny. I just like them, so deal with it.

It's perfectly OK, sweetheart. I will get your teddy bear.

Lately it's been tequila shots and Red Label. I am learning to drink scotch because the buzz is so mellow.

Colbehh

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 7, 2008
Really? There are a lot of people frowning at mixing good alcohol for such a drink. (And I drink LIIT myself)

I used to be the same way, but I started getting headaches frequently when I would drink ones that were not, whether that's all in my head or not I haven't been getting any the last few times I've had them and that's good enough for me. :tiphat:

If you're just getting on scotch, I'd definitely try a bottle of the Macallan, it is a little pricey, but it has a great taste (for scotch that is :smxB:) I prefer the 18 and 25. The 25 usually runs about $120 or so more a bottle than the 18, and I'm not even sure if the sell the 18 anymore.

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
I question anyone who says they can discern different brands of Vodka by taste, because it all tastes exactly the same to me -- especially if you are serving it with tonic & a lime, or mixing it with some fruit juice. Maybe the headache the next day is different, but the flavor seems the same. I have heard that Sky Vodka was developed purposely to not give headaches the next day though -- Part of their design. I like that!

Between the mid level to "top shelf" vodkas, there really is no difference except price. I can tell a huge difference between a cheap vodka like Aristrocrat and Skyy or Goose.

Skyy is supposed to be the "cleanest" vodka and I never have hangovers when drinking it by itself with a light mixer.

I could drink 4 ounces of a cheap brand and have a headache in 20 minutes.

Colbehh

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 7, 2008
Between the mid level to "top shelf" vodkas, there really is no difference except price. I can tell a huge difference between a cheap vodka like Aristrocrat and Skyy or Goose.

Skyy is supposed to be the "cleanest" vodka and I never have hangovers when drinking it by itself with a light mixer.

I could drink 4 ounces of a cheap brand and have a headache in 20 minutes.

Agreed.

I can drink Vodka straight no problem if its a better mid-top shelf one. Absolut, Smirnoff, Goose, Sky... It goes down very smoothly as oppose to Bartons, Skol, or Takka those go down about as smoothly as swallowing a piece of hot charcoal.

You probably couldn't tell as much as a difference between them mixed, but if you ever drink them straight you'll notice real quick

jaytrader43

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
May 26, 2008
Jamaica
Vodka on the rocks with a bit of lemon juice. Or Rum and Kool-aid for when you want to get tipsy quick.

For Rum, Appleton VX (Jamaican, idk if they have it in the USA), and for Vodka, Smirnoff or Goose. (Never had Skyy/Absolut)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.