The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Extreme adventure image sharing app? Help!?

ElixirOfLife

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 17, 2013
Crappy title, I know.

Short Background:
Not rich and haven't travelled anywhere, so, like a sad c**t, I, much like many others (with the vlogs/social media generation) live vicariously through other people.

I've never managed to find a good platform (?) that has a pictures of natural world (mountains/forests/tropical islands etc) taken real-time by people that have travelled there. (And I mean user-based, not professional stuff like national geographic etc)

App idea:
- App is themed around documenting people's adventures, wether extreme or peaceful.
- HD picture taking ability
-Pictures on app are provided by accounts made by real life travellers/explorers
-Pictures are viewable by anyone (essentially aimed at people with a love for extreme adventuring or nature and want easy access to tonnes of 'non-professional' pictures of crazy places).

It's essentially an Instagram for nature nuts (and bored people I guess?)

Please feel free to give me some constructive criticism, and be as harsh as you want.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheBaker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jun 28, 2014
Couple quick questions:
1. Is this a value added service that travelers need?

2. If not; get validating... as simple as throwing up a landing page with some copy. Talk to your target audience get real time feedback. Find out what problems they have. If yes; start prototyping you can buy this app pretty cheaply and just reskin it for your target audience.

When you build keep these two concepts in mind:
A. Build for simplicity deplete all barriers making it hard for customers to use.
B. Being that's it new make it sync able to other networks fb/instagram etc

ElixirOfLife

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 17, 2013
Couple quick questions:
1. Is this a value added service that travelers need?

2. If not; get validating... as simple as throwing up a landing page with some copy. Talk to your target audience get real time feedback. Find out what problems they have. If yes; start prototyping you can buy this app pretty cheaply and just reskin it for your target audience.

When you build keep these two concepts in mind:
A. Build for simplicity deplete all barriers making it hard for customers to use.
B. Being that's it new make it sync able to other networks fb/instagram etc

I appreciate the detailed feedback.
Btw I'm a complete newb so half of the stuff you said I'll have to go research.

1. I'm not sure what you mean. It could be used to by travellers to scout their next trip destination I guess?

2. Thanks very much for the action plan. Before I even get into this, I actually just wanted to know if this app is viable? Is it even a good idea? I'm gonna have to learn to code sure, but I was wondering (from this community) if it's worth going ahead with this idea in the first place?

TheBaker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jun 28, 2014
I appreciate the detailed feedback.
Btw I'm a complete newb so half of the stuff you said I'll have to go research.

1. I'm not sure what you mean. It could be used to by travellers to scout their next trip destination I guess?

2. Thanks very much for the action plan. Before I even get into this, I actually just wanted to know if this app is viable? Is it even a good idea? I'm gonna have to learn to code sure, but I was wondering (from this community) if it's worth going ahead with this idea in the first place?

Find out if the app is viable by asking your potential customers/users. Have friends that travel a lot? Ask them what do they currently use to take pics? What sucks about the process? What do they wish they could do ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ElixirOfLife

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 17, 2013
Find out if the app is viable by asking your potential customers/users. Have friends that travel a lot? Ask them what do they currently use to take pics? What sucks about the process? What do they wish they could do ?
I get that, but it's more aimed at people who want to view the pics, not the other way around... I see where you're coming from though

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.