The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ensuring I Never Work In a Cubicle

axiom

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Dec 6, 2014
Well I've been lurking here for a year or so since I read TMF (incredible by the way) and just bought my INSIDERS's subscription yesterday--already the single most valuable purchase I have ever made.

So I figured it is about time I introduce myself. My name is Axiom (not really) and full disclosure: I'm 17 years old. I realize there are more than a few people my age or younger on here, and I don't know if its advantage or not, but all I know is that I was never cut out for the 'traditional path' that society has so graciously shoved in front of us.

I was great at school (senior in HS now), but I always hated it. I did not allow my generally good grades to give me the illusion that I was smart; rather, it told me I was good at regurgitating seas of pointless information onto a piece of paper. I was completely disillusioned with the whole process, but I was resigned to it because that's what everyone expected of me; and for what, a sub-par 401k and an uncanny talent for Excel?

Instead of fighting my parents to drop out, I instead opted to crank up my workload even more and graduate a year early, and that's where we are now: only one semester left. Now, all of this would probably lead to the conclusion that I am not going to college--nope, I'm going.

My first real entrepreneurial pursuit (effed around for a few years with coding, blogging, etc.) is just getting started. My father--as a commercial lender, he is well-versed in the world of business, albeit slow lane--has partnered up with me and is providing me with the funding I need to get off the ground.

As I am not making any money yet, I figured my best option was to go to college, not to learn from 'business professors' that did so well in business that they are now teaching it (sarcasm), but to stay under my parents umbrella as I’m getting started.

They already had money set aside for in-state college, so it is worth my while to have a cushion as I build my business. That and the connections college can provide are the two things that influenced my decision.

As for my business, for obvious reasons, I will not be specific but it is in the supplement arena. Once I am officially set up and ready to go, I’ll post a progress thread to document it and put down some lessons I learn along the way.

I realize this is a bit long, but I wanted to be thorough because this is an incredible community and I want to be a part of it--not just on the outskirts. You all clearly share the ambitious ideals that I have always had, and it is incredibly valuable to have a group of like-minded people to bounce ideas off of.

Look forward to getting to know you all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...