The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

DOMINATE Speech via SIMPLE eye contact.

Aidan

Next Year, you will wish you had started Today.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada

Start at 49 Seconds

This is an effective tool everyone should take advantage of. It will help immensely in public speaking scenarios, whether to a group, or individuals (of any stature).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
What would help and Introvert the most in Speaking? :)

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Inquire about the other person, pretend you are an interviewer and the other person is a sports star being featured on ESPN. I like to pretend I'm Doris Burke sometimes...

People love talking about themselves remember that.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida

Believe in what you're saying. Practice with small step day after day. When I was 18 I did a challenge where you had to look 20 people in the eye and have them look away first, in one day. Right now you'd think it's death, but you can get there within a week. I remember a girl held my eye contact for 5 seconds, I freaked out :)

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
Believe in what you're saying. Practice with small step day after day. When I was 18 I did a challenge where you had to look 20 people in the eye and have them look away first, in one day. Right now you'd think it's death, but you can get there within a week. I remember a girl held my eye contact for 5 seconds, I freaked out :)

I do this often, some weeks ago found a girl looking in traffic, I looked at her and crossed eye contacted and she didn't even flinch, I smiled and just stayed there gazing for what looked like 5 minutes (was actually like 10 seconds).

About how to hold a conversation as an introvert, ask questions, good questions. And have something worth talking about. What could I talk about before? How good I was at playing CoD?

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I do this often, some weeks ago found a girl looking in traffic, I looked at her and she didn't even flinched, I just stayed there gazing for what looked like 5 minutes (was actually like 10 seconds).

Just wondering how that would work out in the Netherlands being an American and other cutlural groups around. lol

AG356

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
599%
Apr 19, 2015
Just wondering how that would work out in the Netherlands being an American and other cutlural groups around. lol

Try it and report back ! :)
I have to speak to randoms my whole day when I'm at work and the thing I recognized is that eye contact and confidence are literally linked. Within the first few seconds of eye contact you know who's gonna lead the conversation, it's astonishing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.