The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Deodorant and White T shirts (need advice)

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
I've had problems with getting yellow stains in the armpit area of my white T shirts. I love white T-shirts and I'm about to buy a bunch of new ones but I don't want them to get stained yellow again. What type of white T's do you guys wear and what type of deodorant do you use that doesn't cause yellow stains? Any advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does anyone know where I could buy some HIGH quality white T shirts that will stay fresh for a while even after washing? Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

magneto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 5, 2013
The world wide web
And I thought I was the only one with this problem. LOL!

This only happens with white shirts. I use Gillette Anti-perspirant Clear Gel.

Any idea about how to get rid of the yellow stains? Even dry cleaning doesn't get rid of those suckers!! LOL!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have the same problem with my white gym shirts... A solution or spray product would be a perfect fastlane invention.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I read somewhere that nutrition has a lot to do with this but can't find the article.

Edit: here it is: Paleo I Don’t Care: I Like No Soap; No Shampoo | Free The Animal
or this one: A Most Successful Self-Experiement: Over 18 Months Soap and Shampoo Free | Free The Animal
not sure and too tired to read everything again right now

Makes sense because no deodorant in the world will seal your skin watertight.

I think the article touches on this, but I also picked up somewhere that all kinds of shampoos etc actually destroy a protective layer of your skin which causes you to sweat more, smell worse etc. But I'm not sure where I picked that up (maybe my doctor told me, I had some skin problems as a kid)

Never had that problem though.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Hahaha. My girlfriend absolutely HATES these. I only wear them for undershirts, as I have this weird thing where I have to tuck in the white undershirt to prevent cold air drafts lol. also, who likes seeing plumbers crack when your shirt comes up? I don't wear them out into public, but they are pretty gross looking, nonetheless.

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
Well, after asking around elsewhere a few people suggested Tom's of Maine's deodorant which doesn't contain aluminum which is supposedly the cause of the yellowing. So I guess I'll be giving it a try and see how it turns out. I heard Oxiclean is good for cleaning out the stains as well.

ptiz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jul 25, 2008
Monterey, CA
Wash your shirts with bleach and a couple aspirin. That should help!

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I am also looking for a soft high quality undershirts. Don't care about the color.I remember Structure (before express) had them and I wore the thing into holes.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Switch to a deodorant without metals

The deodorants on Amazon without metals have poor reviews (due to some people getting rashes). This is a problem for me as well, and it drives me nuts as it never used to happen. I can even sweat through white undershirts from time to time (wtf?).

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
I ended up buying some Oxiclean on Amazon, will probably try the Tom of Maine's deodorant as well and pick some up tomorrow or something I usually don't have reactions to anything so hopefully I don't get those rashes people were talking about.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007