Enjoy Freedom? Money?

Get Breaking Fastlane Updates.
  1. the entrepreneurs red pill

Talk To Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs ... for FREE!

Some people take advice from millionaires, others take advice from people who want to be millionaires. If you're tired of taking millionaire advice from your broke uncle, your paycheck-to-paycheck friend, or your 30K millionaire co-worker, register today and get the uncensored, and yes, the sometimes uncomfortable truth from real millionaires who live and die in the entrepreneurial trenches.
    register for the fastlane forum

Start Your Own Personal Revolution: Grab the Book that Started it All!

Get The Millionaire Fastlane ||| Download 3 FREE Chapters ||| Learn More

Dane Maxwell- Build Software Companies in 6 months w/o money, experience

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneurship and Startup' started by hobokook, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hobokook

hobokook 10 kph

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $27
    A. Samuel, Hassan, buymeo and 4 others like this.
  2. glenm

glenm 50 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $180
    I listened to that interview and the one he did on mixergy. His stuff is definetly fast lane.

He is finding the need. He is asking what they need.
    Separating his time from money. It can be sold day or night and he doesn't need to be there to sell it.
    Barrier of entry is high. Not everyone can go create his product.
    His business is very scalable. He can sell 1 or 1,000,000
    And he is the one in control of his business. He is not dependent on something else to have his business.

2 people like this.
  3. hobokook

hobokook 10 kph

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $27
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone here built a software company without doing any of the actual coding?

1 person likes this.
  4. Guest682

Guest682 20 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $22
    ive done some outsourcing, right now ive decided to outsource my online store development so i can focus my efforts in other things. I'm think im reaching a point where im done trying to follow the zuckerberg path, i haven't been coding since i was 15 and i need to make money now lol.

HerpMogul and Hassan like this.
  5. stolpioni

stolpioni Banned

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $0
    Best post on the forum, ever.
    This is pure gold. Speed++

6. halfstepdown88

halfstepdown88 20 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $33
    Anyone have any opinions on The Foundation?

I actually applied, and in Dane's "Marketing Mindset" video he quoted my email in the beginning out of the almost 900 applicants.

Hoping to get in, but he still hasn't said what the price was.

7. skipper

skipper 25 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $47
    He didn't even reply to mine.

Seems the execution of this idea can be improved :)

8. CommonCents

CommonCents 120 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $949
    I like the approach but I do have a question on the elance type outsourcing. He makes it sound like its easy peasy, you just put a job out there and its done cheap and well. If you don't know programming how can you even monitor the progress and know what you are getting that you pay for?

In other words, don't you have to be somewhat of a savvy buyer of these outsourcing services to actually get a good deal on a quality project?

What is the real world experience here?

edit: noted in his real world examples a guy did bring on a developer for equity.

the question remains is what is the real world experience for someone outsourcing coding when they don't know it in the first place?

2 people like this.
  9. AlasdairM

AlasdairM 15 kph

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $23
    $500/month x 6 months plus optional trip to the US for a face to face with him and the other members. At least that was the case the first time he ran the program.

10. PatrickP

PatrickP 120 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $532
    $500/mo for what?

11. wade1mil

wade1mil >8^) Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $211
    You've been a member for less than a month and you've read every thread already?

$500 per month to be part of the competition maybe? I missed the call the other day and I'm sure he has some valuable information, but with all of the newer people on this forum pushing his calls, threads and Foundation thing, I got turned off a long time ago. Whether true or not, it feels like a huge orchestrated sales pitch to me now.

4 people like this.
  12. PatrickP

PatrickP 120 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $532
  13. halfstepdown88

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $33
    Hmm 500 a month. Wonder if it would actually be worth it.

I applied because I feel lost and need some direction. Reading books and going on forums only works to some extent. I can't wade through information and know what to follow and what to do to reach my goals.

Willing to do whatever it takes at this point.

14. wade1mil

wade1mil >8^) Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $211
    Think about what you just wrote.

You're "willing to do whatever it takes at this point," but you "can't wade through information and know what to follow and what to do to reach my goals."

It sounds to me like you want to pay $500 a month for a step-by-step plan. It's just a guess, but I bet you part of that plan is to wade through information.

15. TheTruth

TheTruth 160 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $2,515

Wade hit this on the money. Why would you blindly shell out $500/month when you could come up with your plan, post it on this forum, have millionaires tell you what they think, take some action and report back, see the results and get millionaires to give you more feedback, then either drop it or take their advice and run.

This would also cost you nothing.

16. AlasdairM

AlasdairM 15 kph

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $23
    You need to implement performance benchmarks. The first time I had a programmer produce software for me, I didn't provide benchmarks and the software worked as per the specs I gave him, but it was slow as hell, so basically useless.

Also, there are ways to advertise a job that immediately weed out the crappy programmers, so you can get to the cream of the crop.

You really have to spend considerable time drawing up the specs for exactly what you need the software to do, and ideally what it should look like. There's software you can buy (fairly cheap) for creating wireframes so you can show the programmer what you want the interface to look like.

Anyway, I'm babbling on here, but hopefully this answers your question.

3 people like this.
  17. AlasdairM

AlasdairM 15 kph

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $23
    I haven't been thru his program, but apparently weekly calls (maybe even daily? Can't remember), plus one on one time with him for people who show promise. Anyway, apparently it was intense.

Oh, and also networking via a forum etc. with other participants.

Only thing is, he apparently some times didn't show up for scheduled calls, and with no explanation and no apology.

That to me is unacceptable and very unprofessional. Perhaps Ver. 2 will be different and better. I hope so for the sakes of participants.

1 person likes this.
  18. skipper

skipper 25 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $47
    Since he doesn't even answer email this seems very possible. I would be pissed and would refuse to pay the total amount.

19. halfstepdown88

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $33
    I didn't originally know it was $500 and am reconsidering, but what I meant is if he really WAS legit (which I'm now not sure of) and paying $500 a month for 6 months would save me a few years off the learning curve I'd do it.

Rereading my post I see where the confusion was. I can wade through information, I meant through books and online it can be hard at times for me because there is SO much information I get stuck in paralysis. Reading a book vs working one-on-one with someone who has actually done it is completely different. It would be like the difference in reading MJs book vs working with him directly for 6 months.

Still need to do more research on the guy. But if he was legit, I'd do it. If I could actually pay MJ a sum of money that would be worth his time to help me I'd do that also. I need a lot of help :p

20. Brander

Brander 60 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $165
    It is. Some contestants of his previous competition don't have good things to say - you can search online for their stories...

21. RBefort

RBefort 40 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $271
    Cool...who cares how much you make from a business when you can get people to pay $500 a month and all you have to do is show up for some phone calls? 100 ppl a month, 5 calls a day and ur banking 1/2 mill repeating same stuff to everyone. I haven't listened to this yet, but not liking what I am reading.

1 person likes this.
  22. theBiz

theBiz 120 kph Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $752
    People need to remember while this is a huge opportunity, it poses a threat no one like to talks about.... so can your competitor, and cheaper while your sleeping... now what?

Mohammed Hamza likes this.
  23. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $6,941
    I listened to an interview with him - I believe he IS actually a millionaire from starting his own software company although I believe his current cash cow is the Foundation class these days.

I believe his Foundation is basically a college-style class. He takes as many members as his team thinks they can handle and then gives them tasks to go do to work towards the goal of setting up their own software companies. He critiques everyone's ideas and sends them back to the drawing board as he sees fit until everyone comes up with some workable ideas.

I think very few actually make it through the other side because (shock, surprise) it requires a hell of a lot of work.

If I was trying to start a software company and was totally lost I wouldn't think $3k is the end of the world to get some hands-on mentoring. That being said, I don't think I'd try setting up a software company with zero software experience... Sounds a lot like starting an engineering firm without being an engineer. Can it be done? Sure. But you are taking a LOT of other people's word for things with no great way to vet them.

24. halfstepdown88

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $33
    Where did you find those stories? I'd like to read them.

I've searched dane maxwell reviews, the foundation past students, dane maxwell past students, past reviews foundation, etc. and can't come up with anything but his interviews on podcasts like Mixergy.

25. glenm

glenm 50 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $180
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.