The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Choosing a new PDA cell phone?

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I need to get a more advanced cell phone than my ancient flip phone. I want to be able to send and receive emails(synchronized with laptop), text, phone calls, still camera, daily planner w/ reminders, and occasional internet.

Not concerned with video, music vids, or watching TV. I am real bad about not recharging the battery. I am a PC guy but open to the Iphone if it will coordinate with my PC.

My provider will be ATT and I am open to suggestions. Anyone want to share the pros/cons of their PDA's?
:ears:
I'd recommend either the iPhone or the BlackBerry Bold. Both of them are great phones, but you'll be required to pay about $20-30/month extra for web browsing and emails. If I were you, I'd check them out at local AT&T stores and then check online to see if you can find them for a better price like SweetJones suggested.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I gotta bad feeling about this thread --- it's going to attract all kinds of spammers as already evidenced by the first ban....

Carry on though ...

MODS BE ON HIGH ALERT!

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
I just get whatever phone comes for free with my plan. I don't want to spend any money on them, and have little use for any of the features. Don't want the internet, don't care about the camra, don't even really want to text. Just call.

I would gladly give up all those features for just a super basic phone that can only call and store my contact list. But I'd want it totaly water proof and about 3 times as powerfull as a regular phone. So I can get service in more areas. I do miss the old car phones they used to put in the Jags and Mercedes. When I was little my grandmother had one in her XJ6, that thing was like a regular phone, and would get a signal everywhere! To bad they don't work anymore, I rather have one of those.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
I picked up the new iphone 3Gs and I have to say I LOVE it. An amazing combination of art and function. The quality level of the user interface design elements has completely blown me away.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
I love my lil' 8GB iPhone, although I was impulsive and got my 3G the day I was due for upgrade(March 5th) instead of waiting for twice the speed and twice the storage for the same price :smx4:

Then again, there was no news of the 3GS at the CES in Jan and everything I heard of a new iPhone in June sounded more like rumor than news, thankfully it looks like there'll be a new one every June so next June when I'm in a much better financial situation I'll be sitting pretty with a 64gb, dual-core iPhone 3GSS or 4G or whatever it'll be called and I'll use the g_alexander method to get it for free too :smxB:

Either way, it's a matter of taste, I still like Adi's BB Storm, but I'm a "fanboy" so the iPhone made perfect sense for me(might not for you), not to mention before news of OS 3.0 came out I wanted to be the one who "cracked the code" and came up with a decent copy/paste, stereo bluetooth or landscape keyboard app.

And in unrelated news, while going through some childhood memories the other day, I found a "patent" from my 3rd grade creative learning class that was for a "Compu-calcu-phone", while I'm sure that Palm was already developing the first smart phone back in '93, it's still cool to know that I had a great idea long before it became popular :urock2:

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Just got an iphone 3GS, they now have copy/paste and you can turn the phone landscape so thumb typing works faster and more accurate. There has been an intermittent problem of voice mails showing up late(a couple hours), that has happened to me on a few occasions. Email/net browsing tough to beat at the moment.

The iphone got out to an early lead but now the race is on and many companies will be leapfrogging each other w/ new & better technology. It's the carriers that will need more competition to deliver better value.

ptoronto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 7, 2009
NJ
I've had my iPhone 3G for about a year now. I love it. The selection of applications, reliability, internet browser, and all other features keep me productive when I'm mobile. I've had 2 different BlackBerry devices previously and ditched the brand in favor of the iPhone. The usability is just better for me by leaps and bounds.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Wow, I started this thread a lonnnnnng time ago! haha...

Anyway, I settled on the IPhone 3G... It is hands down the best phone / pda on the market. I'm confident that anybody who uses one for a week will be hooked for life! It makes all other phones look like prehistoric toys. The technology, and the amount of applications and options are just amazing! It makes my fiance with her blackberry very, very jealous! haha

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!