The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Certified Personal Trainer for the last 4 years! Ask me anything!

Ask me anything!

Nikstokes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 13, 2013
Hey everyone! I thought this would be a good idea to kind of give back since you all have helped me so much on my journey to the fastlane!

I've been a certified personal trainer for the last 4 years through ISSA. I'm currently a diet coach and personal trainer and also have tons of knowledge of supplements!

Feel free to ask me anything regarding Fitness, nutrition and supplements!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

brycer9

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jan 21, 2013
I'm 18, 150 pounds, and trying to put on muscle (I have a really skinny framework, and bony) Right now I'm using no-xplode as pre-workout and elite mass muscle gainer afterwards

I don't know much about fitness at all, and was wondering if you would suggest any changes in my routine/supplements?

+speed for adding value to the forum

Nikstokes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 13, 2013
Brycer9,

What I'd have you do it take the Gainer 2-3 times a day. Once maybe as breakfast, once post workout and once right before bed and make sure you always mix it with milk.

If you're 150lbs, you need to be getting at least 180g Protein per day. From what it sounds like, you have an incredibly fast metabolism (you're probably one of those people who can eat whatever you want and not gain weight, huh?) You need to be eating constantly! About 6 meals a day including the gainer shakes with at least 30g of protein at every meal!

You're food plan should consist of 50% carbs, 30% protein and 20% Fat @ 2400 calories a day. That comes out to 180g protein per day, 300g carbs per day and about 53g of fat a day.

As far as the no-xplode, be careful with it because the caffeine can increase your metabolism more with can cause more muscle loss. Keeping your carbs high will help with energy for your workouts.

If you can also post what your workout looks like, I can critique that.

And if you have any questions let me know!

G

GuestUser8117

What is the ultimate recipe for losing weight? I'm getting fat very fast. The problem is that I eat so much.

brycer9

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jan 21, 2013
Thanks for the great advice Nikstokes!

Indeed, I have a very fast metabolism and can stuff myself without gaining any weight. :)

Would you stop the no-xplode?

I workout one body part every day and push myself as hard as i can for about 30 minutes with various different work-outs which I don't know the name of most.. Honestly, I follow my dad around in the gym and do what he does.

Nikstokes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 13, 2013
Thanks for the great advice Nikstokes!

Indeed, I have a very fast metabolism and can stuff myself without gaining any weight. :)

Would you stop the no-xplode?

I workout one body part every day and push myself as hard as i can for about 30 minutes with various different work-outs which I don't know the name of most.. Honestly, I follow my dad around in the gym and do what he does.

If you can, I would limit the No-xplode to when you really need it, like when training legs or back.

Also, what does your workout look like? i.e how many reps, sets and how long of rest in between sets?

What is the ultimate recipe for losing weight? I'm getting fat very fast. The problem is that I eat so much.

Omerta,

There is no ultimate recipe for losing weight, every one is different and it's not a one size fits all kind of thing.

But here's a couple questions I'd like you to answer for me.

1. Do you exercise?
  2. What is your height and weight?
  3. What does your diet look like currently?
  4. How many times a day do you eat?

Nikstokes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 13, 2013
i try to do 3 sets of 8+ reps (sometimes less reps when I'm in the last set or 2 and doing heaviest weight possible) About 30 seconds of rest between sets

Your rep range isn't bad at all but that resting 30 seconds in between sets is not something I'd recommend to someone who has a fast metabolism, it's just going to burn more calories. I'd say go heavy and rest about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes and don't do any lower than 8 reps.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Best recipe to get a six pack? I'm 5'11 or so and around 155-160, but in corporate world now. Probably getting a little fatter from being dormant. Do cardio to trim down any excess fat and a bunch of different ab exercises other than straight crunches?

Nikstokes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 13, 2013
Best recipe to get a six pack? I'm 5'11 or so and around 155-160, but in corporate world now. Probably getting a little fatter from being dormant. Do cardio to trim down any excess fat and a bunch of different ab exercises other than straight crunches?

Remember this, Abs are made in the kitchen. Doing a thousand ab exercises a day won't get anyone to a six pack anymore than sitting on the couch scratching your nuts will get you to the fastlane :p

You gotta keep your diet clean, not just workout abs and just do cardio.

What's your body type? Are you naturally lean? What's your diet look like? Do you exercise?

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Remember this, Abs are made in the kitchen. Doing a thousand ab exercises a day won't get anyone to a six pack anymore than sitting on the couch scratching your nuts will get you to the fastlane :p

You gotta keep your diet clean, not just workout abs and just do cardio.

What's your body type? Are you naturally lean? What's your diet look like? Do you exercise?

Naturally lean; have eaten whatever for 10+ years (only 26) and never gained weight. Maintained 150-155ish lbs. Have lifted off and on, but nothing in a routine. Figured a lot of it was more diet than anything since I've briefly read you want to trim body fat? Diet is pretty blah. I don't eat as much fast food anymore, maybe once or twice a week max. Just usually cook a lot of beef and chicken meals at home with the girlfriend. So, not horrific like grease filled fast food, but not the healthiest either because of boxed potatoes and such lol. No exercise :(

jatx

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Apr 29, 2013
Texas
I'm 18, 150 pounds, and trying to put on muscle (I have a really skinny framework, and bony) Right now I'm using no-xplode as pre-workout and elite mass muscle gainer afterwards

I don't know much about fitness at all, and was wondering if you would suggest any changes in my routine/supplements?

+speed for adding value to the forum

brycer - You might consider finding the root cause of your inability to gain weight. I was a hard gainer for a long time, and when I finally figured it out I started putting on muscle, shedding fat, and gaining overall weight all at the same time (my goal). No steroids or supplements involved.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.