The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Case Study of New Pen Name Launch

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Hi!

Currently, a live case study is going on of a new Pen name launch. Lindsay Buroker is blogging about it and sharing how she is doing. The start is very encouraging - over $3000.

http://www.lindsayburoker.com/amazon-kindle-sales/pen-name-launch-first-month-earnings-marketing/

I think this could be a great thing to keep an eye on and hopefully more folks will discuss things!
Best,
Adrijus

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Those romance readers love their them some 3 part series. She had a well thought out release plan and did terrific.

Didn't go perfectly smooth but yeah, she's a pro! I do wonder about that '30 day cliff'. We'll see next month!

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Didn't go perfectly smooth but yeah, she's a pro! I do wonder about that '30 day cliff'. We'll see next month!
Yeah that 30 day cliff. That's why I'm starting to get more into non-fiction, where the returns are larger in the longrun. I had one book that I put out last month that had over 200 sales/borrows. This month? Last I checked 10.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Yeah that 30 day cliff. That's why I'm starting to get more into non-fiction, where the returns are larger in the longrun. I had one book that I put out last month that had over 200 sales/borrows. This month? Last I checked 10.

I see. Well, to be honest, it's actually good there is such a thing even. If Amazon is giving new books more exposure, even a tiny bit for a month, that is great. Better than 0 sales. Problem is that writing takes long so you can have a new book out every month (unless they are pre-written and launched in a sequence). I don't think it's a bad thing. :)

Good luck! Non-fiction is easier to market and more ever green.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.