The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can't sell anything on Amazon - what am I doing wrong?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Kuz

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 18, 2012
Sup guys.

I got into the ecommerce thing as per this thread:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/fastlane/35694-addicted-passive-income-deposits.html

Been running a brisk business in two niches on eBay for around 6 months now - slowly growing, got top seller and power seller status. Had global interest for one product - however, I put the same stuff on Amazon.co.uk and NOTHING,

I understand at least one of the niche is VERY competitive but still.. no sale in two months on Amazon. I even added a couple of fake reviews and has some friends buy for me to get my first sales.. but NOTHIGN]

Anyone who figured this out can help?

Thanking you!

K

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Care to share your product links?

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
errr.... no?

Well it's probably something with how your product is shown or how you are marketing it, but without knowing what you are selling, it is impossible to know. It's probably not a generic problem with amazon itself that everyone would encounter regardless of industry or product.

It's like me coming to you and saying "fix my business, it's not making money"; you say "Ok what industry are you in" to which I reply "nope, you have to guess".

:bgh:

Kuz

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 18, 2012
Yeah i see the dilemma... and you can appreciate my reticence in divulging such information

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
Are other people selling the same item on Amazon successfully? Not all products do well on Amazon. They sell some many things it's hard to get noticed. Just go back to selling on Ebay if it's successful.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Yeah i see the dilemma... and you can appreciate my reticence in divulging such information

Not really.

I mean, I get the emotional reluctance and fear, but logically there is no need to keep it hidden. If you DO want some secrecy - post it on the INSIDERS section where it is hidden from search engines and lurkers.

Vigilante, who started that thread you mentioned, is very well known here for his anti-rape devices and alarms and such. Haven't heard even a single other user copying him despite a gigantic thread he started of the A-Z guide on how to copy him.

Also - lets play devil's advocate for a second. Let's say someone does steal your ideas while you solicit help to perfect the process. What are you left with? You are down one idea and up one well-oiled machine that prints money when you input ideas into it.

Sounds like you would be ahead, not behind, if you lost your idea in the pursuit of process.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
product feedback is big on Amazon in consumers minds. People like to buy from sellers that other people do, less risk, even with higher prices. Put whatever social proof/information on you listing as you can to let prospective buyer know you are for real until you get some sales. Video, picture of yourself etc...

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
Here's the thing Kuz, if you post your item(s) and I source them, write copy for, and get the very same product onto Amazon - and then outsell you, whose fault is that?

Hint: Not mine.

So just post and let the smart and helpful people (ie, not me) on this forum give you a hand.

If you're still paranoid - invest in a subscription to the INSIDERS Forum - then only a select few will see it, and it won't get indexed by Google - and you're more likely to get pro help.

mavwrx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Oct 4, 2010
Here's the thing Kuz, if you post your item(s) and I source them, write copy for, and get the very same product onto Amazon - and then outsell you, whose fault is that?

Hint: Not mine.

So just post and let the smart and helpful people (ie, not me) on this forum give you a hand.

If you're still paranoid - invest in a subscription to the INSIDERS Forum - then only a select few will see it, and it won't get indexed by Google - and you're more likely to get pro help.

so areyour product listings showing only on amazon.co.uk? what about the usa, amazon.com?

S

stranger

Why you ask about help if you've hidden what you sell? OK, make sales on ebay is easy than amazon as for me.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
or join the INSIDERS group and post the information in there if you want it to be non-indexed by Google. The INSIDERS thread is private, non-indexed, and accessed by many of the people that you would want to reach to look at this. We might be able to help you but we have to know not only the product, but your specific product listings. I will help in any way that I can if you can post the information, and the INSIDERS area might be a (more) safe venue for you.

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Going inside

True dat. The highlighted below swayed me.

or join the INSIDERS group and post the information in there if you want it to be non-indexed by Google. The INSIDERS thread is private, non-indexed, and accessed by many of the people that you would want to reach to look at this. We might be able to help you but we have to know not only the product, but your specific product listings. I will help in any way that I can if you can post the information, and the INSIDERS area might be a (more) safe venue for you.

See you there. Thanks Vigilante.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Really you have 3 options.

1. Dont Get Any Help
2. Join the Inside and Post in private on that board
3. Post here and get help. If you look at the people who have commented not one is from the UK. Whats the chance someone from the UK sees this thread, decides they want to steal your idea and then is able to out execute you? Chances are slim to none, also like others have mentioned if this did happen whos fault is it really?
Now, whats the upside?

Kuz

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 18, 2012
Ha, I'm more embarrassed by amateurishness than anything else - still flogging the same shit from months ago taht i talked about Vig's eCommerce thread.

But i go tsome decent general information up there ^^

I'll join the INSIDERS forum..

AaronDubya

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 9, 2012
western Kentucky
Amazon is a very competitive marketplace regardless of what you're offering for sale. without question.

IMO it's better to have something unique, of high quality, and market it to a target niche audience than to sell the same things others are selling.

Anyways, why wouldn't you give us a link to your product or storefront? You missed a BIG 'marketing' opportunity by neglecting to do so. I'm sure there are thousands of lurkers (i.e. potential customers.) reading this very thread right now.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
errr.... no?

I cant believe you are serious. Someone offered to help and you won't show him product links.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Well dude how are supposed to see what you are doing wrong if we can't see the product / link?

This like your car breaking down then refusing to pop the hood for the mechanic to fix it. :eusa_naughty:

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
Sup guys.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/fastlane/35694-addicted-passive-income-deposits.html

Been running a brisk business in two niches on eBay for around 6 months now - slowly growing, got top seller and power seller status. Had global interest for one product - however, I put the same stuff on Amazon.co.uk and NOTHING,

I understand at least one of the niche is VERY competitive but still.. no sale in two months on Amazon. I even added a couple of fake reviews and has some friends buy for me to get my first sales.. but NOTHIGN]

Thanking you!

K

There is NOTHING in this post that can be used for diagnosis.

It's like the old joke goes:

Pilot writes a repair order"something broke in cockpit"

Aircraft mechanic writes on his repair slip"something fixed in cockpit"

This is, hands down, the most awesome group of folks I've met where business is concerned. The fact that you put a very vague post up that basically says you have a problem but very freakin little other info up, is pretty much a waste of space. Like be asked by a doctor, what's wrong? And responding with,"I'm sick." It provides very little useful information.

Until you remove your pride and your head from your third point of contact, you'll likely not get anywhere.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I think we should stop trying to help at yhis point.

infinitus

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Sep 22, 2012
Perth Western Australia
Sup guys.

Thanking you!

K

I think currently your mindset is holding you back the most. People have enough on their plate than to steal your idea

Kuz

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 18, 2012
F*cking hell - does it take 20 of you to say the same thing over and over again?

I've already decided to pass on looking for help here, so shut up already. Yeesh.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
F*cking hell - does it take 20 of you to say the same thing over and over again?

I've already decided to pass on looking for help here, so shut up already. Yeesh.

Wrong move... just saying. Some invaluable help here.

Let me guess you source your products from walmart?

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
This forum is so aggressive, it's getting weird.

The dude said on page 1 that he will join the INSIDERS forum, a tip he got from Vigilante. After that post, 4 / 5 people had to tell him the same thing everbody already said. I don't find it that odd that he got tired of that 'advice'. He could have said it differently, but still. The point was already made several times and he already concluded that he would join the INSIDERS forum.

Ha, I'm more embarrassed by amateurishness than anything else - still flogging the same shit from months ago taht i talked about Vig's eCommerce thread.

But i go tsome decent general information up there ^^

I'll join the INSIDERS forum..

After that:

I cant believe you are serious. Someone offered to help and you won't show him product links.

Well dude how are supposed to see what you are doing wrong if we can't see the product / link?

This like your car breaking down then refusing to pop the hood for the mechanic to fix it.

There is NOTHING in this post that can be used for diagnosis.

It's like the old joke goes:

Pilot writes a repair order"something broke in cockpit"

Aircraft mechanic writes on his repair slip"something fixed in cockpit"

This is, hands down, the most awesome group of folks I've met where business is concerned. The fact that you put a very vague post up that basically says you have a problem but very freakin little other info up, is pretty much a waste of space. Like be asked by a doctor, what's wrong? And responding with,"I'm sick." It provides very little useful information.

Until you remove your pride and your head from your third point of contact, you'll likely not get anywhere.

I think we should stop trying to help at yhis point.

I think currently your mindset is holding you back the most. People have enough on their plate than to steal your idea

nzerinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 1, 2012
Toronto, Canada
This forum is so aggressive, it's getting weird.

The dude said on page 1 that he will join the INSIDERS forum, a tip he got from Vigilante. After that post, 4 / 5 people had to tell him the same thing everbody already said. I don't find it that odd that he got tired of that 'advice'. He could have said it differently, but still. The point was already made several times and he already concluded that he would join the INSIDERS forum.

Something tells me a lot of people on this forum skim read. They see the first few comments, then decide they need to voice their opinion because of what they read, not scrolling further down to see that the OP already took the advice.....

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
89470060-260x260-0-0_Bayer+Midol+Menstrual+Complete+Maximum+Strength+Ca.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.