The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Canadian VS US business

Ron Solo

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 4, 2009
Vancouver (Burnaby) Canada
does anyone have personal experience with any differing factors when it comes to doing business in Canada vs the US?

for starters:
-government regulations?
-lame taxing on certain businesses?

I know in Canada, tobacco is taxed like madness and it's highly regulated. This makes it difficult to start up a distribution company because it'll be taxed about 100%. If you look around for distributors online, most will NEVER ship to Canada because of such complications. In the states you can buy cigars for much cheaper than in Canada, making it easier also to start up a business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RealOG

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 20, 2007
Austin, Texas, United States
In the states you can buy cigars for much cheaper than in Canada, making it easier also to start up a business.

Not necessarily true. You can still legally get Cubans in Canada, where they are embargoed in the US. There is a company that imports Cubans and "smuggles" them across the northern boarder with FedEx. They pay insurance so if it gets confiscated you get your money back.

Why go through all that trouble? If you have ever smoked a cuban cigar you would know. Few US cigars can compare. :smxF:

Ron Solo

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 4, 2009
Vancouver (Burnaby) Canada
mm never smoked a cuban cigar. i just do prime times haha, definitely not even close. i'm located in canada, and from what i've noticed most users on this site are in the states. anyone know other littl business differences between the states and canada?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.