The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can I Help YOU?

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Hey sorry for responding a bit late. Here are my stats from Facebook:
8fa65a5d7c325a019f9eb7a7306c3d5b.png

I made $77.6 in sales, including shipping. Only $27 in profit.

I've paused the campaign after 4 days ($20/day) since I was losing money. Today I started a new campaign but I'm trying cpm instead of cpc to see if it works better. I've changed up my site a bit added a few more reviews I took them off my suppliers ebay page so it's a bit more ethical but I'd rather stay away from doing much more of that. I changed my prices so instead of posters being $11.99 with $10 shipping they are now $16.99 with $5 shipping and free shipping when you buy 2 or more posters. I think this will encourage people to buy multiple posters at once and free shipping sounds good!

I'm dropshipping the posters so not sure if anyone is able to help me? Since it will have to be done through my supplier? I emailed my supplier though and asked him if it's possible at all to improve the shipping price and if he's experimented with including some of the shipping cost in the product (He sells on eBay mostly) and he told me he's been shipping since 1999 and this is the best price he could get and he actually loses money a lot of the time when shipping worldwide.

He also told me the big bargain I should be advertising is the one shipping fee for unlimited amount of posters (But I think shipping free on 2 or more posters sounds better). According to him eBay sales at this time of the year are dead as well and I just need to wait it out, Febuary should be better. He also mentioned that the site might take a bit of time to catch on and to be patient.

Thanks for helping, I'm looking forward to your response.

Your cost per click is way too high .. you need better ads.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Windsurfer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Jul 5, 2013
Minnesota
Laverdure,

It's really cool that you keep this thread going and answering questions. I have a slightly different website question. My site is Ibuyhousestc. I am a real estate investor in the twin cities ('tc') of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota. It's getting harder and harder to find good properties to flip or cash flow well. So I am resorting to becoming a wholesaler. Basically I am trying to market to people who need to sell their house (not want to - but need to - divorces, probates, absentee owners etc.) and either buy the place myself or flip it to some other investor.

I want to attract these motivated sellers to my website and was wondering if you might have some ways to make them:

1. Find the site
2. Feel like they can trust me to buy their house - I try to treat people well and find a solution that works for everyone
3. Interested in possibly adding any kind of affiliate sales like for credit repair, eviction services for bad landlords etc. This is not that big a deal if I can achieve the first two.

Any other ideas you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Stephanos83

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Nov 17, 2013
United Kingdom
@NoveltyInSpades - I think TAFY is right on this. You'll need to make serious headway in earnings to gain readership. You might consider putting a large revenue or profit counter on your home page. Maybe even a subscriber counter as well. As these numbers grow, they'll establish credibility with the new comers. Check out Pat Flynn's site www.smartpassiveincome.com for ideas. He's logged his entire progress of making money and even offers monthly income reports.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
@Laverdure
I have a "grey" area product (not adult), basically related to electronic cigarettes. With Google and FB cracking down, where would be your best paid traffic sources alternatively? I am literally brand new to this and I apologize if this question seems naive.

EDIT: Even if I can get my ads on FB or Google, I'd be skirting around the rules and therefore losing control of my business. I know there are tons of other ways to get traffic.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.