The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Caffeine Poll

Rate Your Caffeine Use

• I have three or more servings of caffeine daily

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • I have one to two servings of caffeine daily

Votes: 47 34.6%
  • I can take it or leave it and do not have it daily

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I rarely have caffeine

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • I completely abstain from caffeine

Votes: 16 11.8%

• Total voters

kyled427

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Jun 19, 2013
Yerba Mate tea is my caffeine of choice. Nothing quite as clean as the energy from it.. it is kind of like the kick of coffee and the clarity of green tea, nothing else compares for me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
I have a coffee cup that holds 2 cups. I don't drink coffee consistently, but when I have it I drink it first thing in the morning.

Coffee makes me feel super jumpy, it makes my heart beat fast, I also feel paranoid when I have it. I can't sleep at night on days that I have coffee.

I only like it when I mix in all the presweetened creams.

I'm not addicted to it, nor do I really need it or have to have it. I like the taste with the french vanilla liquid cream by Coffeemate. Yum... Now I want some!!! ;)

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
400mg coffeine pills before lifting heavy at 5am. on my HIIT (sprints) days I take less, mostly 200mg. then a coffee mixed with whey protein and mct oil as "breakfast" around 9., I guess around 100mg in there. using caffeine only for training performance/diet, but with the pills I take I'm probably up there with the addicts in terms of servings :).

kyled427

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Jun 19, 2013
Do you actually notice a difference between regular coffee and bulletproof?

I used to drink Bulletproof coffee daily and one day when I ran out I used some regular coffee and can say there is a very noticeable difference between the two. At least for me there was..

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
Looking to determine if there is a correlation between Fastlane entrepreneurs and stimulants like caffeine :

What's your opinion Vig? I do believe it has a correlation, I can spend the day like a zombie if I'm in the "Boring" part of a project and I don't have a nice up of coffee. But when things start getting excited, looking at your growing bank account in the morning is enough to get me pumped up for the day.

XOthermic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
May 12, 2011
California
I used to consume about 5 cups of coffee a day and about 2-3 servings of Preworkout (strong workout stimulant where caffeine is the main ingredient)

I would use from the morning up to about 1-2 hours from sleep time. I did this for about 5-6 months. I worked all day on my business ( by work I mean sat at my computer, made calls, sat and thought about strategies for 3 hours, pack customer orders, talk to retailers, work on my website) and found unimportant tasks to keep me occupied throughout the day as I put out what ever fires popped up.

Now for the last 3 weeks I have gave up caffeine from coffee and preworkout. I train for endurance competitions so I'll drink green tea. Throughout the day I have not had any caffeine and only work on important stuff like talking to retailers and thinking about strategies.

I think life without the coffee is better but three weeks is not along time to really tell. I will tell you that the first 5 days without caffeine were very hard for me.

Ohh I also quit a 7 year habit of smoking cigarettes in the last 3 weeks. That was the biggest positive about giving up caffeine, I always wanted to smoke with my coffee in the morning.NOT ANY MORE!

Temerity

Purveyor of Fine Mouthwash Goods
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Oct 23, 2013
Boston
Drink about a cup a day right after waking up. I can honestly say it has no discernible difference on my energy levels. Can go to sleep after drinking a cup of it. I drink it for the taste. I believe it does increase my focus, but I haven't been paying attention enough to know... har har har.

D

DeletedUser394

You don't need a supercar if you're a good driver, but it would boost your performances.

If you operate at peak levels of health/fitness/drive you don't need stimulants to boost performance because you're already at that level.

vtlambo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Mar 10, 2012
If you operate at peak levels of health/fitness/drive you don't need stimulants to boost performance because you're already at that level.

True, but entrepreneurs are people at the end of the day. The smell of coffee is something some people just enjoy in the morning to start their day.

benhebert

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Dec 3, 2012
Traveling
Im hooked on caffeine tbh, i drink at least 10 cups of coffee everyday.
trying to figure out a way to reduce it / quit from it though

Are you hooked on caffeine or is it just the perceived energy you're getting from it? What I would recommend is supplementing your caffeine use with l-theanine as it will smooth out the experience.

If you take caffeine + l-theanine in a 1:2 ratio you can adjust your body to take less caffeine while enhancing the desired effects.

Total plug: we sell this supplement so I'm pretty experienced in this area.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
748%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I used to be a lot worse when I was in graduate school. When I was finishing my thesis, I would do 1-2 pots per day. I've tried to go down to 2 cups with success.

quickdrawyall

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Nov 8, 2013
I take a pre-workout supplement just about every day I go to the gym, so that's got 1-3 servings of caffeine in it, but I really could take it or leave it. It's a nice boost but I take a week or 2 off of it anyways every 6-8 weeks usually.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.