The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

buying a muscle car

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I don't consider it a waste of time at all. Because of the input I received on this thread I not only didn't waste money on a dumb car, I am buying my first rental. I'm 19 years old and the thoughts that run though my head will surely be different than yours.

Great job, I took you off my ignore list to see how it would turn out. I'm impressed although I still think this is something you should realize in your own. At 19 your an adult, although I understand the temptation still at that age.

Either way, you're shown some positive growth here, I hope you follow through on the rental, and don't roll into others ideals around here of saying and not doing at your age.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Damn

FreeMan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Nov 26, 2012
NSW, Australia
CRM software with 200k articles and a half million user data

My friend was one of the owners of a CRM consulting firm targeting mid-large sized companies and he was in charge of sales.

I met him for dinner one night after he had a sales meeting and he rocked up in his 2nd hand 10 year old Toyota Corolla.

I asked him why he was driving around his old car to meet clients. He said he didn't want clients to think that they were doing too well.

They were doing $9mill in turnover when they sold out a few years ago. So I guess that strategy worked out OK for him.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
My friend was one of the owners of a CRM consulting firm targeting mid-large sized companies and he was in charge of sales.

I met him for dinner one night after he had a sales meeting and he rocked up in his 2nd hand 10 year old Toyota Corolla.

I asked him why he was driving around his old car to meet clients. He said he didn't want clients to think that they were doing too well.

They were doing $9mill in turnover when they sold out a few years ago. So I guess that strategy worked out OK for him.

I don't think the point of his story was that it's impossible to do it without a nice car...... He even gave examples of him doing it without a nice car....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
I think if you come out to Albuquerque, you might as well buy a one way flight.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.