The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building a Niche Site and Info Product from scratch

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

dave84

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 25, 2015
Ireland
Hello everyone,

I have a bit of 'downtime' while I'm waiting for some issues to be resolved on another project so I have decided to create a niche information site and then later an info product to sell. I have the technical ability but I have no experience in building an audience for a site of this kind.

I have examined my life and experiences for things on which I can write with authority and I have settled on a topic relating to a certain medical disorder from which I have suffered from in the past.

The main objective of the site is to provide information to people suffering from this disorder, even possibly helping people who don't yet know they have it.

The number of searches per month seem to be in the right range and there are several long tail keywords that I will be hit by regular searches too, not just those looking for information on this disorder. There is an option further on down the line to branch out into lead generation for treatment centers.

Step 1: Secure a domain name

I think I've settled on a good one thanks to these tools, just need to pull the trigger:

http://www.leandomainsearch.com/
http://impossibility.org/

Next Step: Wordpress Theme

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
don't focus too much on the domain name. It should really only take like 10 min.

As long as it's not completely retarded, it doesn't really matter. I've never seen someone fail or succeed because of the domain name they chose.

dave84

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 25, 2015
Ireland
don't focus too much on the domain name. It should really only take like 10 min.

Yup. I literally typed the niche name in and picked the first one on Lean Domain Search that made sense.

Step 2: Wordpress Theme

I had a nice look around ThemeForest for a decent Wordpress theme, something that has a bit of personality and a looks professional. A lot of Wordpress themes seem to have their homepage optimised for photographs rather than text, but I needed something that would do both nicely. I keep seeing that Genesis theme recommended everywhere but I'm not sure if that's because it's good, or because they have a good affiliate program. I think I've settled on this: Smart Blog Theme. It's nice and clean, it has good space for branding, easy navigation and enough styling options that it won't look the same as a default install when I'm done with it. I'm going to see how the theme looks after a nights sleep before I buy it. I already have a hosting package so I'm ready to go.

Step 3: Branding

I'm going to keep this one simple, an icon from The Noun Project and some text in a nice font. Similar enough to what you'd get from the Square Space Logo Generator.

Next Step: Content

dave84

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 25, 2015
Ireland
So...........

Thanks for asking. All the above has been done. Currently writing articles like a mad man, queueing some blog posts up for a few weeks and start working on promotion. I want to have some decent content for lead magnets to start building a list.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.