The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

book recommendations

Alan at SE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Dec 15, 2007
hey all, just finished the four hour work week which i thoroughly enjoyed. one thing i liked about the book was the constant flow of case studies.

i also enjoy reading about success stories like the ones on this forum. are there any books out there filled with case studies but more important success stories.

i love reading these to feel motivated.

also looking forwards to phxmj's book!

cheers :cheers:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Everyday Greatness -- it's a compilation of short stories.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Everyday-Greatness-Inspiration-Meaningful-Life/dp/140160241X[/ame]

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
942%
Jun 7, 2008
I know these two have both been mentioned here a bunch of times...but I am currently reading them.

"The Complete Guide to Buying and Selling Apartment Buildings" - Steve Burges

"How to buy and sell apartment buildings" - Steven Vollucci

I guess I feel like an idiot for spending money on them, because I just found them both free:

The Complete Guide to Buying and ... - Google Book Search

and

How to Buy and Sell Apartment Buildings - Google Book Search

I would also of course recommend Rich Dad, Poor Dad.

I am just a broken record here though, this has all been posted here before.

Just my .02....the books are all very good.

-Alex

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Alexander, can you upload a full-size pic of your avatar to your album? I'd like to get a photo of that LP.

Alan at SE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Dec 15, 2007

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Hey intence you may want to join the book club and reread the book. I think it's the next one on our list and we should start within a week or so.:cheers:

Alan at SE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Dec 15, 2007
perhaps ill do that. believe it or not it took me like half a year to finish four hour work week because i simply had no time. i forgot what some of the beginning chapters discussed :(

headmic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jun 3, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
I'm about to finish Harvey McKay's "Pushing the Envelope All the Way to the Top." It's essentially a compilation of many ideas to further your chances of success concerning the business world.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
942%
Jun 7, 2008
Alexander, can you upload a full-size pic of your avatar to your album? I'd like to get a photo of that LP.

Intence just posted the link to my avatar pic, but I have posted more pictures of the beautiful LP in my album. :thumbsup:

-Alex

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
I was gonna start a similar thread as I found a few good books that I'm gonna start reading from the local Goodwill, while I love the free-reading from the library, having to return the books eventually(I usually renew the 2x I'm allowed before returning :smxB:) makes it hard to look back at them.

While they say never judge a book by its cover, I almost made this mistake, lol, I almost bought "The Automatic Millionaire" and then I read the synopsis and saw that the author, David Bach, not only writes, but has seminars entitled "Finish Rich" and after doing some page turning saw those awful slow-lane keywords like IRA and savings :p

Anyways here's the books I chose and books I've already read that I recommend, keep in mind I really started reading this Oct, so it's a short list:

The Four Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss

The Top 10 Distinctions Between Millionaires and the Middle Class by Keith Cameron Smith

Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki

From Patent to Profit by Bob DeMatteis

The books I picked up yesterday(they were $.79 at Goodwill and $1.85 for the 3rd one, the hardcover :coolgleamA:):

Rich Dad, Poor Dad

Selling the Dream by Guy Kawasaki

Architects of the Web by Robert H Reid

On my wishlist for now:

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber

From Zero to a Million... by Ryan Allis

Other recommendations? I want to research, e-Biz, startups, REI, etc so I can narrow in on a field and run with it THIS year :banana:

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
E-Myth and Think and Grow Rich were fantastic. But when you read the E-Myth, read it in terms that your going to use his strategies to start a franchise, because he promotes buying into franchises a few times.

I didnt really like Ryan Allis' book that much. I might get burned from saying that, but it felt like he took RPDP and combined it with Napoleon Hill's teaching. He also had alot of self promotion and not alot of "how-to" stuff.

I'm reading Guy Kawasaki's "The Art of the Start" and its fantastic. It's one of the few books that are aimed at start-up business that has tangible advice. I have a book called "Founders at Work" just laying on my desk right now but I plan to read it pretty soon. It's a compilation of stories about e-biz startups, you might want to take a look at that too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.