The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best way for cheap prototypes for basic (electronic) article

Ajtothec

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
May 30, 2015
Hey guys,
to be honest, I have only done some clothing stuff, everything else was digital. I have never made any real products and with my two new ideas I'm working on, I'm not sure where to start. Hope some of you can help me out here:

1) Water heater with adaptation. It's just a simple water heater but with two special functions. One is a very simple twist and the other takes some work to get it done. I need a gauge to measure produced energy inside that is connectable via Bluetooth.

2) An innovative chair that is extremely simple. Actually, it's not really a chair, more like a few aluminium rods with a backrest. Really very simple.

Anyways, I'm not sure where to start. It would be cool if someone can guide me into the right direction. I'd highly appreciate that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Majin

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jun 4, 2015
I just found out about these things called MakerSpace or a hackerspace. It was recommended to me by a friend who loves to build things and is actually an engineer. It's basically a huge lab/shop. They offer classes, tools (computers and shop tools )and materials to make whatever you want.

I'm in the same boat as you. I used to be good at website design, but that was a long time ago. I feel like this would be a good way to pick up useful skills especially when it comes to building MVP's. Good luck!

Ajtothec

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
May 30, 2015
I am aware of these spaces but never thought to use them for such commercial products. I do even have one an hour away from home so this could really be an option. I'd appreciate any advice on this and if someone ever used this for his own commercial products.

Majin

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jun 4, 2015
There was a guy who was on shark tank (in season 5 I think) who made this illuminating book type thing...as I was watching a video for TechShop makerspaces (http://www.techshop.ws/) you can see him working on his product.

I took a tour of the one I'm joining and they even have autobays where one member rents out to use for his business. He converts normal gas car engines (he was working on a porche) into electric ones. People develop their own commercial products in these places. You should check it out asap and see if it'd be useful for you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.