The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best place to get feedback for an idea

Idea threads

SportsFan438

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Feb 24, 2012
After you have identified your market what is the best place to get feedback. In my case it is feedback for a sports idea and I have asked it on many sports forums and tend to either get no response or people asking that I not write ideas and to just talk sports on the forums. If I need feedback from sports fans, but they are unwilling to talk via online forums, is there another method someone can suggest. Also because sports fans aren't willing to give an opinion of my idea is that a sign that the idea is invalid. I know some people are visual learners and it takes seeing something for them to understand, so Im wondering if creating a simple product and putting it out there would be worth it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
Entrepreneurial forums are a good start, why didn't or why don't you just ask for feedback for the idea here?

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
I have, but the only answer I have gotten is take it to the sports forums

Well going back to your first post, I would have to say that it is indeed a sign of your idea being invalid, especially if you went to the target market itself and asked directly.

If there's not a need for the idea, and no one wants it or is even willing to give feedback on it, I would think that confirms that it's not an interesting idea.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgonI

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Jul 9, 2012
Saint Louis
We can give you feedback on the business side of the idea, but testing if there is a market out there for it is a different thing, that you should test with your potential market.

SportsFan438

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Feb 24, 2012
that you should test with your potential market.

Whats the best way to test an idea for a potential market? I know the cliche term of get out of the building, but other than online forums, Im wondering where I could focus my efforts on. I dont want to give up on the idea just yet, as I believe it can be refined to fit the market, but what are some business ways to go about. If I want to speak with sports fans directly, where do I go (sports games, bars, etc)? I realize I am coming with a naive approach, but I want to hear from people who have experience and how they validated or invalidated their ideas.

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
Make the product and get out there and speak with potential buyers. Go to a sport event and talk to the people in the parking lot tailgating. Show them the product and see what they say.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.