The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best investment for £100 ($150) ideas

Idea threads

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
1 and 3 will take a LOT of time, to make any sort of reasonable profit from. Do you know much about web mark-up, or would you have to learn that during the process of these also?

2 - From what you've said, seems like the best choice for now. It'll be frustrating though.

4 - If you're serious about this, you need to wait until I get my website up (a few weeks until an alpha version) and track it with that. ;)

5 - I take that back, this option beats number 2. haha

The mentality of "I can't lose this" I think is going to be more of an obstacle than a good thing. It's going to cause you to wait for that 'perfect' opportunity, and that never happens. It'll cause inaction rather than smart action.

You know, if you haven't done the things listed above then you probably will lose some, or all of it. Honestly though, is it going to be impossible for you to get it back? Perhaps you'll have to get a job that'll take a piece of your pride with it, but will it not be worth it in the long run?

Try whichever sounds most interesting, and take smart action. Does something sound like a good deal? Try it out. Perhaps you will lose money, but remember you took the deal, because you, AT THAT TIME, though it was a good deal. You've learned though, what was 'wrong' about that deal, and will not make that mistake again.

Good luck!

archon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 6, 2010
Silly question- do you have time enough to do all of these things? Is it more of a matter of being efficient with the time, or only having a finite amount of cash/cashflow?
I just popped on here after a bit of a haitus, and your thread piqued my curiosity because I too am starting on a shoestring budget, and doing my research. I wonder on the decision the cost of slaving during selling commodities on ebay vs just sucking things up and working a braindead second job just to have a little side cash.
And as a wise wrestler once said.... "Pimpin' aint easy!"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
No I have never heard of web mark up, but my logic is quite simple. I do have the skills to build nice websites, it does take time and I will still be learning, but looking on sites like flippa.com I have seen some quite shitty (in all honesty) sites go for $300, there is nothing about the site I could not reproduce.

I am hoping to build brand sites for different niches.

3. I was very fit about 2 months ago, I was still excercising but just eating junk to put on the weight, but I would be happy to try it out and start a blog about the regime, but it has to be one thats gym free.

Your right, investing fearfully is going to be a problem.

Thanks

Sorry, idk why I decided to say web mark-up instead of HTML\CSS. Well, I do, but it's not a distinction that really matters.

Out of curiosity did the sites actually sell for 300$ or just put up for that price? If so I may jump in there to get a bit of money to pay for a logo off of 99Designs haha

Perhaps that is the way you should go though, if you believe you can. Do you know much about cross-browser compatibility (such a pain with IE!), perhaps that is why they're 300$? Trying to think of something that could cause the price when you say they're pretty easy to create designs.

Sadly there won't be any workout programs once my website is initially up. No doubt a future plan. Just upon launch though it'll be more about tracking workouts. On launch it adds a 'follow' feature, like Twitters, so if I like your workouts (or we are training for similar goals), I can follow you and get a stream of your most current workouts, and also leave comments on them. It'll be missing sooooo much that I want, but I need to get *something* or striving for perfection will make it never be put up.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Thanks man. Yeah, I'm excited to use it myself. Still haven't found a great way to enter in workouts without feeling like there is "too much going on". Very hard because of so many different considerations. I'm trying to make it excel at tracking 'unconventional' workouts too which nothing I've seen has done even semi-well.

I imagine W3 has something check to that you're not using things not implemented into IE. The problem arises with if it's being drawn on the screen correctly. So many stupid 'hacks' to get IE to draw correctly when Chrome, and Firefox generally handle things correctly.

Heck, I'm only looking on the forum right now because IE isn't handling my ternary expression correctly. It's such a pain. haha

Templates are what not are certainly a great way to go! It's not too bad learning it all in depth either. Just be prepared for everything to look correct until you look at it in IE....

Outside is definitely the most fun way to workout. I like the gym a couple times a week, but for my goals it doesn't need to be all week. Any chance you've seen rosstraining.com/forum before? Those are more my style of training rather than the "typical" idea of workouts. What type of workouts do you usually do? (If that question makes sense :p)

As far as a logo, I'm not really to sure at the moment. Still don't have a name for this. haha - Just going to use an old domain when I put it up because it'll merely for testing. I just know, I'm not creative (or artistic) enough to create something once I have a permanent name.

hofster

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 2, 2010
But as stated anything can be an investment if what you paid for the item and the cost to keep then sell it again are less than the sale price you have made an investment by making a difference on selling. You could buy an antique vase and resell it for $150 and make a 50% return within a week.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.