The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best Business Movie EVER? By Scorsese & Dicaprio - Wolf of Wall Street

Darius

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Apr 8, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Movie was awesome from an entertaining aspect. Had some very funny parts.

Not much to learn from a business aspect though. Few sales tips here and there.

One of my favorite movies this year.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

Movie was awesome from an entertaining aspect. Had some very funny parts.

Not much to learn from a business aspect though. Few sales tips here and there.

One of my favorite movies this year.

I'm taking my mom to see this movie.. tell me, how many awkward situations will I have to sit through? haha, I've read the books, so I sort of know what to expect, just not how much debauchery they chose to include in the movie.

G

Guest3722A

I'm taking my mom to see this movie.. tell me, how many awkward situations will I have to sit through? haha, I've read the books, so I sort of know what to expect, just not how much debauchery they chose to include in the movie.

The movie is loaded with stuff that would most likely make you uncomfortable. AND plan on sitting for over 3 hours. It was good, but I rate movies by how many times I check my watch and I lost count.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Darius

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Apr 8, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio

You will probably feel awkward a good amount of times lol. Like topherea said, the movie is long. I didn't mind the length though.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Saw it on Christmas day, seemed like a decent portrayal of the book although they could have added in some important stories from the book and cut out some of the less meaningful scenes. One of the most interesting aspects of the book was the methods and tactics Belfort used and one thing I disliked about the movie was that every time he was about to explain something business related, he cut himself off and basically told the audience that we were too stupid to understand it anyways.

Also, it's not a movie for the whole family to go see (whoops), go see it with some friends.

Scorsese made full use of the R rating, sex/nudity is even more prevalent in the movie than it is the book IMO. Not a "take your mom to the movies" type of film, but then again I don't know your mom haha

Last edited:

bringitnow28329

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 30, 2013
Providence
I felt this was one of the funniest moves I have seen in a very long time. It certainly deserves some awards. I am a professional stock trader so these sort of movies certainly interest me however I went with people who have no knowledge of the capital markets and they definitely enjoyed this movie. It does have a significant amount of sex and drug use though so prudish people may not like it.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
What I got from the movie is:

If you have a great mentor or boss at your job, you can learn alot. The best scene was him going to the penny stock broker company and making that first phone call. The other guys were in the minors and he was an allstar in the majors.

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
An Open Letter to the Makers of The Wolf of Wall Street, and the Wolf Himself
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, dear Kings of Hollywood, but you have been conned.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Christina McDowell, formerly Christina Prousalis. I am the daughter of Tom Prousalis, a man the Washington Post described as "just some guy on trial for penny-stock fraud." (I had to change my name after my father stole my identity and then threatened to steal it again, but I'll get to that part later.)...

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2013/12/wolf_of_wall_street_prousalis.php

Last edited:

Steele Concept

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Sep 3, 2012
Connecticut
Read the book and thought it was a very interesting/entertaining read. Saw the movie and it represented the book pretty well but as Mike39 stated right when Leo is going to explain something business related he cuts himself off. I could definitely relate to the beginning where they are smooth talking clients and he hangs up the phone like "Just made $2k." The first half of the movie was probably my favorite as it was more about business and the act of hustling and getting there, whereas the second was just bout after bout of debauchery.

Leo and Jonah really do a great job and there is plenty of comedic interlude to even out the action and greed/lustfest.

Overall very entertaining and one of the best movies of the year. I'd say 7.5/10 and it is definitely worth going to watch on the big screen. I probably checked the time only 3-4 times and my girl who can't stand sitting for long movies said it wasn't bad to sit through the 3 hours.

D

DeletedUser394

I was laughing my a$$ off for most of the movie, some hilarious moments. In some sick way it was actually extremely motivational. Many parts from the books were obviously not included for time, but if the movie was 10 hours long I wouldn't have complained.

Silver Surfer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jun 20, 2013
Not sure about the BEST movie, but recently I came across a very good Thai movie (with English subtitles) called " Top Secret " on Youtube. It's a real life story of a young gamer turned multimillionaire Top Itthipat and his seaweed selling company: Tao Kae Noi.(God knows what that means!). It's inspiring, entertaining and educational, all at the same time. One of my favorite dialogues from the movie is, "Never lose courage. Because if you give up, the Game is over".

system

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 6, 2014
FYI it is now on thepiratebay.se

(not that i condone tpb :smoking: )

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Leonardo DiCaprio is drop dead gorgeous....What was the movie about again?! I couldn't stop drooling over him...

The funniest part of the movie, I could not control myself!!! (Don't scroll down if you don't want to know, if you haven't saw the movie yet, but plan to see it...)

Jordan (Leonardo DiCaprio) and Donnie (Jonah Hill) got ahold of some super old quaalude pills, which they called lemon pills. They were taking them, and sitting, waiting for them to kick in...But nothing was happening...They thought since the pills were so old that they needed to take more in order to feel it...So they just kept popping them! After about 90 minutes the effects of the pills finally kicked in..

Jordan started freaking out and lost all function and control of his body...
Previously he had told about all of the phases of what the pills do to you when you take them...1. tingle stage, 2. slur stage, 3. drool stage, and 4. amnesia stage.

When those old pills that he thought were duds finally kicked in he said that he had just discovered a whole new phase of what the pills can do to you, and he called it the cerebral palsy phase!
Jordan was at the hotel trying to get down the stairs and make it back home in his Ferrari and it was soooooooooooooo funny! I died! I came back to life and died AGAIN!
I haven't laughed so loud and so uncontrollably since I saw the movie "Friday" with Ice Cube and Chris Tucker the first time around.
(I tried to find a video link for the scene, but couldn't find one)

I really think that even though a lot of people don't agree with the content of the movie, the acting was still very convincing and strong. I feel that Leonardo should finally get his Academy Award. This movie was super long, but I had a good time watching this story unfold. I had very little info as to what it was going to be about going in, and each scene continued to be better than the last.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.