The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Approaching Businesses

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Omar El-Itani

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 2, 2023
Hi everyone. I'm having a problem approaching businesses to pitch a website for them. Can someone give advice what to do in a situation like this? How do I sound natural so it doesn't seem like I'm trying to sell them something? Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rsmillion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 17, 2017
Madrid
I have been in this situation both as a seeker (sending massive email campaigns/converting leads) and also on the receiving end since my Linkedin Profile says I am a CEO, i get spammed to death. If you want to do this yourself, its going to be tough, remember you're treading on a high traffic slow lane as it has gotten to a point that executives and decision makers (with real money) ignore you.
However, I have run few campaigns (using external agencies), that did result in me getting some leads.
1) Entice with the latest buzzing things like AI
2) Provide something of interest to them for free, A webinar, A 1:1 session about something they would be interested in
3) Research about the lead and find out something that will matter to them, using their job postings, their problems (this is tough)
4) If you have money, hire a good lead gen agency (this is what i did) with reviews via lead generation services (I don't want to mention which ones, because I am not affiliating anyone), do you research you should be able to find it yourself.

In any case, all the best with your entrepreneurial journey!

Omar El-Itani

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 2, 2023
I have been in this situation both as a seeker (sending massive email campaigns/converting leads) and also on the receiving end since my Linkedin Profile says I am a CEO, i get spammed to death. If you want to do this yourself, its going to be tough, remember you're treading on a high traffic slow lane as it has gotten to a point that executives and decision makers (with real money) ignore you.
However, I have run few campaigns (using external agencies), that did result in me getting some leads.
1) Entice with the latest buzzing things like AI
2) Provide something of interest to them for free, A webinar, A 1:1 session about something they would be interested in
3) Research about the lead and find out something that will matter to them, using their job postings, their problems (this is tough)
4) If you have money, hire a good lead gen agency (this is what i did) with reviews via lead generation services (I don't want to mention which ones, because I am not affiliating anyone), do you research you should be able to find it yourself.

In any case, all the best with your entrepreneurial journey!
thanks man for the advice thats an observation I didn't realise that this was a slowlane. Do you think upwork is also a slowlane. Or is it just a model that neglects control? Is it good just to get the first few portfolio projects?

rsmillion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 17, 2017
Madrid
thanks man for the advice thats an observation I didn't realise that this was a slowlane. Do you think upwork is also a slowlane. Or is it just a model that neglects control? Is it good just to get the first few portfolio projects?
Upwork - super slow lane. In my previous response, although i was able to get leads, I couldn't convert any of them. I learned the hard way that people are hesitant spending money or even spend their time trying you out (doesn't matter how good you are). However, building real physical relations, networking etc., are a great way to establish yourself. Referrals are a great way of generating quality leads that convert. This has done marvels in my business. Only thing is you need get out of your comfort zone and ask for referrals from the folks whom you have done business with in the past.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Omar El-Itani

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 2, 2023
Upwork - super slow lane. In my previous response, although i was able to get leads, I couldn't convert any of them. I learned the hard way that people are hesitant spending money or even spend their time trying you out (doesn't matter how good you are). However, building real physical relations, networking etc., are a great way to establish yourself. Referrals are a great way of generating quality leads that convert. This has done marvels in my business. Only thing is you need get out of your comfort zone and ask for referrals from the folks whom you have done business with in the past.
Thats interesting. I've heard of referrals before but never understood them properly. Are they just recommendations from your client to other people?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.