The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone seen "Untold wealth - Rise of the Super Rich" ?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Netprofit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 11, 2011
Sweden
Anyone seen it? I think it was interesting to see the explosion of wealth! I liked what they said in the end.. something like "The median per capita income in the U.S. is 26,000 dollars... Just a little more than the cost of changing a tire on Tim Durham's Bugatti."

[video=youtube;fDPBxN9Ez1o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDPBxN9Ez1o&feature=related[/video]
Couldn't find a trailer with better quality, but if you live in the US you can see the whole documentary on Hulu!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
The guy operated a horrendous Ponzi scheme...

Advance Indiana: Tim Durham Indicted

It's great that we live in a country where even the super rich can't get away with committing crimes. If this were the 1700s, he'd just pay off the police to look the other way but guys like him and Bernie Madoff aren't able to do that in this country.

I guess it helps that the people making the arrests aren't wealthy, so they might carry a little resentment for guys like Durham and Madoff to begin with.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Found a link to the video (40min) Untold Wealth: The Rise of the Super Rich - CNBC

I don't really even desire to have that sort of money

Same. I just want enough to never have to work again and to be able to travel whenever I want. So, around 20-50 million would be perfect for me; anymore than that wouldn't be necessary but if someone wants to give it to me, I'll take it! :rofl:

I think the ones who have hundreds of millions or are billionaires and still work 12 hour days to earn more money like some of the guys in the video, will end up regretting that on their death bed.

Because they will have wasted all of their lives earning more and more money but didn't take the time to enjoy life and the money that they earned. Once they die, all of that money won't do them any good.

Infinity

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 2, 2009
Same. I just want enough to never have to work again and to be able to travel whenever I want. So, around 20-50 million would be perfect for me; anymore than that wouldn't be necessary but if someone wants to give it to me, I'll take it! :rofl:

I think the ones who have hundreds of millions or are billionaires and still work 12 hour days to earn more money like some of the guys in the video, will end up regretting that on their death bed.

Because they will have wasted all of their lives earning more and more money but didn't take the time to enjoy life and the money that they earned. Once they die, all of that money won't do them any good.

Possibly, but as one of the guys said in the vid...when you have that much money it's just a game/measure of how much more you can make. They may look back and say oh man I should have spent time with my wife/kids, but I think for the most part you have to really be part of a different breed/mindset to have that much money and still want more (maybe cause i'm not close to being there yet? :p)

For me, I see ~10m as a 'modest' and livable net worth for the lifestyle I would like. (Not having to work, being able to travel, provide for a family, nice house/cars...not really interested in private jets or owning 10 houses which sit idle)

I thought it was interesting to hear about the lady who's net worth is 10m, but still doesn't feel wealthy. I guess part of that is her wanting to buy a 4m apartment in Manhattan. Take that 10m and go somewhere less expensive if you want to feel rich!

The Intrepid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Apr 9, 2011
I didn't know Durham was indicted, I'm 80% sure he bought the National Lampoon brand a while back too. What a shame.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
It's called GREED. They have enough for their next 10 generations to live comfortable but they still want more. It's terrible.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.