The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone know computer hardware? Need advice!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Fiona, rep added. that was helpful in determining a good deal.

I have been sitting on the PC config for a week now. After reading a few reviews on both cyber power and ibuypower, i determined that though they are a few bucks cheaper. I can foresee any issue being a headache. It looks like their QC is lacking and when they mess up, the customer pays. I called to check to see if everything was in stock before i ordered and they said the only way to check stock is if i order.... of course. Not a fan.

So I picked out something comparable i can pickup at microcenter. I think it will work well for me, i will get it possibly tomorrow.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/424423/G421_Desktop_Computer

I also ordered 3 of these on Monday. They are the same size as 27" only not as wide, which is perfect. They are 24" but 16:10 aspect ratio vs 16:9.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=04&sku=320-2676

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
So I picked out something comparable i can pickup at microcenter. I think it will work well for me, i will get it possibly tomorrow.

I've never been to a Microcenter but honestly, unless you're into computers, doing intensive graphics rendering work, or big into gaming, you probably won't notice much difference between a prebuilt solution like you found or building your own. Some people like to have 100% control of their hardware, and no doubt you can find good deals on specific parts, but paying a company to do it for you is worth the time in most cases. Just saved yourself some headache, good find!

I also ordered 3 of these on Monday. They are the same size as 27" only not as wide, which is perfect. They are 24" but 16:10 aspect ratio vs 16:9.

I set these exact Dell monitors up daily at work, they are pretty awesome. Next time I set one up, I'll have to let the employee know that he could have had 3 instead! :cool:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Got it all set up. bought my first PC game in 15 years to test out the graphics even though ill likley barley ever play it...

ZhDr3F0.jpg

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
That's a beautiful setup. I've been wanting to get a second monitor for a while now, I really miss the extra screen space.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007