Enjoy Freedom? Money?

Get Breaking Fastlane Updates.
  1. the entrepreneurs red pill

Talk To Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs ... for FREE!

Some people take advice from millionaires, others take advice from people who want to be millionaires. If you're tired of taking millionaire advice from your broke uncle, your paycheck-to-paycheck friend, or your 30K millionaire co-worker, register today and get the uncensored, and yes, the sometimes uncomfortable truth from real millionaires who live and die in the entrepreneurial trenches.
    register for the fastlane forum

Start Your Own Personal Revolution: Grab the Book that Started it All!

Get The Millionaire Fastlane ||| Download 3 FREE Chapters ||| Learn More

Any experienced inventors of simple objects?

Discussion in 'Inventing, Innovating, Licensing' started by treinjapan, Dec 5, 2012.

1. treinjapan

treinjapan 25 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $36
    Hello! :D

I have a couple of ideas for simple household items. I'm trying to figure out what steps to take next, especially since both of the ideas can be easily knocked-off. I've looked around on the web, Google patents, and the US patent office briefly, but haven't found any similar products. I also want to try to make some prototypes, but don't have access to CAD or 3D printers or anything like that....and neither of the objects can easily be made from other things.

I have a small amount of cash available for the projects.

Any ideas where to start? :confused:

Thanks!
  2. Ikke

Ikke 30 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $62
    Local universities or schools that have this equipment and skills in house? Or just a local prototyping business, they do exist and are more common than one would think.

I don't know where you are located but I know a few around me if you are interested. And if you really have a hard time I may be able to help you personally as I can CAD, CAM, CNC mill, turn and have stuff 3D printed by a good friend.

Good luck with your search :thumbsup:
  3. Alana

Alana 90 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    In the middle of a national forest (in N. CA)
    Rep Bank:
    $130
    As a fist step, consider getting a sketch pad (one for each idea). Record detailed notes and sketches (don't worry if you're not an artist....). Include uses for the item, specs for building it and an original and identifiable name. Having a witness sign off on your product sketch book (may) help prevent product theft too (and make sure everything is dated).
    You don't necessarily have to make the exact product to start with. Usually I'll just make the general concept of the product out of materials I can buy at a home improvement store and/or craft store. I go home and assemble it best as I can so that I have a real life example (even if it's a very raw one). This gives me a chance to at least have a real life visual aid for it, and usually at this stage I can spot flaws with the concept and tweak it from there.
    You might want to consider showing some friends/family the idea at this point (with a preface that this is a very rough concept of the idea) just so that they have a visual aid and can say "Oh, yeah, I see what you're getting at..." instead of just telling them the concept.
    As a side note: if your customer is a female homeowner ....then feel free to email me a concept and I'll give my honest feedback
  4. TK1

TK1 150 kph Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $314
  5. AgonI

AgonI 25 kph

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $42
    1 person likes this.
  6. jon.a

jon.a 190 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $9,942
  7. CommonCents

CommonCents 110 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $749
    Look up rapid prototyping. They offer some free engineering advice and can give you a crude prototype for a few hundred bucks.

You can file a provisional patent, attorney's may charge 1500-2000, or do it yourself.

Or, just get to market quickly and sell the hell out of it to create a brand name. Don't let paralysis by analysis set in. You'll notice in life there is something called mass awareness. Chances are since you are thinking of a certain idea, that hundreds/thousands/millions are also doing the same. The winner is the one who takes action.

Look at taking a fleece blanket and cutting some arm holes in it. Call it a Snuggie and sell tens of millions before the knockoffs come, become a multi-millionaire and move on to the next idea.

Read Stephen Keys book One Simple Idea, its a good overview. He also has a thread on here to answer questions.
Certain Xenforo Add-Ons by Waindigo

Follow Fastlane!

Fastlane Toolbox

Sponsors

Postradamus

advertise at fastlane