The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Alternatives to link-building/article-writing to increase traffic?

darkaxum

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jul 27, 2011
Hey everyone, I don't frequent this forum enough. I'm going to change that. Last time I was on the site I went into overload. So much good stuff and not enough time to process.

The caliber of some of the fastlaners on this forum is so high that I'm often scared to post. Ill get over it.

I have 4 sites that earn beer money level amounts every month through amazon affiliate and Google Adsense.

I have two sites that could scale if I could just get more traffic. Both sites are kinda like Pat Flynn's security guard training site.

I mainly make money through adsense, but I could potentially get paid for sponsored posts on the sites. Just need to show the advertisers that there's a benefit to posting on the site. I've contacted about 20 potential sponsors and no nibbles yet.

Both sites are in small niches. One site gets 30k page views per month. Its "officially" 2 months old and its in a niche that I love and care for and have been working in for 10 years. Many of my closest friends work in this niche and LOVE the site. 4300 facebook fans and only $50 facebook advertising. This site ranks #2 in google for my chosen keywords.

My other niche site is for niche I know little about and have no friends in, but it's also underserved. Its 10 days old.

Tried a bit of adwords advertising. Got my free $100. Made $70 in adsense. But now that's gone I've got no traffic. Need to start ranking in Google.

Any help would be appreciated. I hate writing link building articles and honestly I feel like some of the article sites feel scammy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Go for the one you love man! Have you tried guest posting on other website/blogs? this will get you backlinks and traffic.

darkaxum

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jul 27, 2011
I've got a few backlinks and I'm potentially going to be on a podcast talking about the "for the love" site, but my keyword only gets about 700 keyword searches per month. It will probably increase in time. This site I'm not worried about.

The other site is based off a keyword phrase that gets 1.8 million searches per month. Low competition, and the high ranking sites are old and clunky to use.

I'm going to try highly targeted Facebook ads this Tuesday, for the new site.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Think.

Think about what YOU are doing. What is the best case scenario for this? A few hundred, maybe a thousand bucks a month? Is this going to change your life? Is this a bonafide business that creates value on a worldwide scale? Are you truly solving a problem? Or solving it better than anyone?

I don't mean to be "unhelpful" but I don't think questions like this are really geared for this forum. Fastlaners want to build ventures with longevity -- backlinking, sponsored articles, AdSense arbitrage-- these are all things more suited for money-chasers on an internet marketing forum.

Folks...

If you truly want to make a difference in your life, focus on things CAPABLE of making a difference. Examine the best case scenarios. Look a year down the road. Will you have 1000's of repeat customers? Or will you be shitting bricks in your 1 bedroom apartment worrying about the next Google algo change and how you will pay next month's rent?

I guess what I'm saying is this...

I view your question from a SURVIVAL point of view. Fastlaners should be seeing things from a THRIVING point of view. If things go great, execution is superb, your life should CHANGE -- tens of thousands of dollars isn't life changing.

darkaxum

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jul 27, 2011
I wrote a long reply to this, but unfortunately tapatalk deleted it.

MJ, this is your house so I mean no disrespect. But there are a lot of successful fastlaners on this forum, some doing AMAs. Affiliate marketers, internet marketers, etc, doing almost exactly what I'm doing.

Are they only different becase they're already succesful?

I come to this forum for straight answers. I despise the typical affiliate/internet marketing forums because they're full of BS. This forum isn't. That's why I look for answers here.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I wrote a long reply to this, but unfortunately tapatalk deleted it.

MJ, this is your house so I mean no disrespect. But there are a lot of successful fastlaners on this forum, some doing AMAs. Affiliate marketers, internet marketers, etc, doing almost exactly what I'm doing.

Are they only different becase they're already succesful?

I come to this forum for straight answers. I despise the typical affiliate/internet marketing forums because they're full of BS. This forum isn't. That's why I look for answers here.

I haven't read all the AMAs, but from what I remember many of them who were doing affiliate/internet marketing have moved on. Their AMAs were from something they got good at but eventually decided or figured out a better way.

brambel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Mar 3, 2013
I haven't read all the AMAs, but from what I remember many of them who were doing affiliate/internet marketing have moved on. Their AMAs were from something they got good at but eventually decided or figured out a better way.

I do think that on that road a lot of skills are being learned, perhaps more than in real slowlane or sidewalk.

But in the end you want to have the internet markets work for you

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.