The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Afraid to spend

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Perry Rico

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Sep 16, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am a little bit guilty today. I found a hobby that made me spend this weekend, its cross country mountain biking. I have disciplined my self not to spend a dime but this time I gave in to give my self a good exercise, sense of competitiveness, and something to change my daily routine. it was a 5, 000 USD mountain bike. I know its not practical, but I love it. that is why I am releasing my guilt here. better than buying SUV car, home, etc. but still un justified purchase

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Hi Guys,

I am a little bit guilty today. I found a hobby that made me spend this weekend, its cross country mountain biking. I have disciplined my self not to spend a dime but this time I gave in to give my self a good exercise, sense of competitiveness, and something to change my daily routine. it was a 5, 000 USD mountain bike. I know its not practical, but I love it. that is why I am releasing my guilt here. better than buying SUV car, home, etc. but still un justified purchase
$5k wow! Did you buy a new one?

Perry Rico

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Sep 16, 2015
$5k wow! Did you buy a new one?
yes, a new one. cash. i love it, lets me jump in mountain ridge :) lol.

Litle bit guilty but this is my first toy and sports. i promise not to do it again

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

wholehog

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Dec 6, 2015
HackerTravel.com Travel for free using your cash flow and credit cards. Then you have no guilt. This is a dumb site but it gives you the right ideas on how to travel at no cost.

Look for other hacks like this to reward yourself. This way you reward yourself without spending money.

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
What my main metric on spending is
I look at ROI of spend rather than cost,
be it in knowledge, financial, emotional, spiritual
and above all, ROTI (return on time invested)

You are so goddamn right. I was debating about buying myself a good squat rack with other stuff to save some time/money on traveling to gym and also to be more consistent with my training.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.