The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

About buffets

Idea threads

MarcoAguilar

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 24, 2022
Mexico
I´m not entirely sure if this thread belongs in thsi category, but it´s about something I noticed quite recently not only in my city, but in another country too.

To make things quickly, I noticed how easily it would be to take out of the buisness many of the buffet restaurants there are, now, you may wonder why I say this. The reason being the really low quality of food Ive encountered in them, and yes, I udnerstand they have to make money just as another buisness and the fact that they can´t make every meal worthy of a 5 michelin star restaurant, but Jesus Christ, the quality of the food was awful in most of them, even my dad who is the type to eat anything that comes along without saying anything, doesnt matter if it´s delicious or horrendous complained about it. The fact that the employees were kind of rude didn´t certainly help.

With this, I also confirmed something that MJ has talked about many times, and that is how mediocre buisnesses depend on advertisement to survive, because funny enough, I never heard any suggestion of these buffets, but only discovered them because of billboards. Its kind of sad because there was one buffet that me and my family used to love because how delicious it was and the whole vibe it had, however, we recently went there after rmany years of not going and it was almost empty, which was weird because everytime we visited we had to make a whole waiting line to get a table at the buffet. I soon discovered the cause, the food was bloody awful and without any taste. I noticed the same thing in a Golden Corral I visited in Texas quite a time ago, and the price was almost the double.

Now, at the end, I realize it was probably a bit of a rant, but It made me realize how a decent buffet could take out most of these in my city. Im curious, have you guys also noticed something like this in your city/area or is it just an isolated case here? Thank you for your time reading

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Though restaurants/brick-and-mortar businesses are quite costly to found, it could be worthwhile to look into creating a buffet whose mission is to just provide quality food and service rather than make a quick buck. You would also need to create a beyond-mediocre experience to skew value, something that is outstanding, kind of like the Oreganos restaurant MJ had talked about in UNSCRIPTED . They not only had amazing pizza but also a very different experience than most restaurants.

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
There was only one buffet I enjoyed that I also felt was high quality and that was Sweet Tomato or Soup plantation. Salad buffet, always packed but after covid closures and being bought out it went out of business and I believed was liquated. 97 locations.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.