The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Sure Fire Way to Be Disappointed When You Set Goals

mmtprofile

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 21, 2011
I'm writing this because I see a lot of goals that are way out of your own control. This isn't a bad thing (I do it all the time) but there are a couple of ways to make sure you hit your goals.

The Sure Fire Way to Be Disappointed

If you want to be disappointed, make your goals about results. For instance "my goal is to make $1,000,000 this year" is a result goal and a very nice goal but if you don't hit it, you will be disappointed.

The Sure Fire Way To Create Results

If you want to create momentum, set goals that are within your control (Or actions you can take). "I will create this product by X date and I will create joint venture partnerships to sell it" is an action based goal and fully within your control. In this case, the results come out of the exhaust pipes.

I also believe in setting LARGE RESULT goals as well. But in order to hit them you need to break them down into the day to day actions.

I'll leave you with this quote I was told by Keith Cunningham. "Ordinary actions, done consistently produce extraordinary results."

What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.