The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A much delayed introduction from NJ

SammyT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Aug 3, 2014
Jackson, Wyoming
Hello All,

Although I've been a member of the forum since 2014, consider this my official introduction.

I'm 25 years old and live in NJ (Hunterdon county if you know the area).

I think I've been slowly and unconsciously moving towards the fastlane since graduating college in 2013. Unfortunately I was not one of the lucky ones who found entrepreneurship while in college or before. Like most I coasted through college, with beer and girls being my main priority. Then BAM! Before I knew it I was in a cubicle working a corporate job. I took one look at my manager who was one rung above me on the corporate ladder and had been working for the company for 9 years and was barely making 6 figures. I knew immediately that this was the wrong path but I also didn't know the right path.

So I quit my corporate job, moved back home to regroup and for the first time in my life instead of going through the motions sat down and asked myself the difficult question, "how do I want to live my life?"

My answer was with freedom aka time and money. The solution, commissioned sales. My thought process was a sales role would give me the potential of uncapped income and at a certain point all I would have to do was manage my clients providing me with my desired time and freedom.

For a while it seemed like it would work out. Put in the work and eventually I'd hit my goals. What happened was slowly but surely I began to dread waking up to head to work (cold calling all day everyday was wearing me out). To make matters worse after a year on the job I was nowhere near reaching my goals. At this point I realized that my dream of money and freedom wasn't happening or at least not for a long time. So it was back to the drawing board, "how do I create the life I want to live?"

Fast forward to present day, after putting off reading The Millionaire Fastlane for sometime (I thought it would be cheesy based on the title) I read the book. And Wow! how I wish I had read it earlier. It was the perfect book for someone in my situation of wanting more but not knowing how to get it.

Thanks to the book I now have a clear understanding of how I want to live my life and more importantly how to do it.

I am starting from ground zero but so does everyone else, it's time to get to work.

-Sam

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Crossroads

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 31, 2016
Hello All,

Although I've been a member of the forum since 2014, consider this my official introduction.

I'm 25 years old and live in NJ (Hunterdon county if you know the area).

I think I've been slowly and unconsciously moving towards the fastlane since graduating college in 2013. Unfortunately I was not one of the lucky ones who found entrepreneurship while in college or before. Like most I coasted through college, with beer and girls being my main priority. Then BAM! Before I knew it I was in a cubicle working a corporate job. I took one look at my manager who was one rung above me on the corporate ladder and had been working for the company for 9 years and was barely making 6 figures. I knew immediately that this was the wrong path but I also didn't know the right path.

So I quit my corporate job, moved back home to regroup and for the first time in my life instead of going through the motions sat down and asked myself the difficult question, "how do I want to live my life?"

My answer was with freedom aka time and money. The solution, commissioned sales. My thought process was a sales role would give me the potential of uncapped income and at a certain point all I would have to do was manage my clients providing me with my desired time and freedom.

For a while it seemed like it would work out. Put in the work and eventually I'd hit my goals. What happened was slowly but surely I began to dread waking up to head to work (cold calling all day everyday was wearing me out). To make matters worse after a year on the job I was nowhere near reaching my goals. At this point I realized that my dream of money and freedom wasn't happening or at least not for a long time. So it was back to the drawing board, "how do I create the life I want to live?"

Fast forward to present day, after putting off reading The Millionaire Fastlane for sometime (I thought it would be cheesy based on the title) I read the book. And Wow! how I wish I had read it earlier. It was the perfect book for someone in my situation of wanting more but not knowing how to get it.

Thanks to the book I now have a clear understanding of how I want to live my life and more importantly how to do it.

I am starting from ground zero but so does everyone else, it's time to get to work.

-Sam
Welcome, Sam. Bet you're glad you finally read the book, huh? :D Let us know how it's going.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...