The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2016 Fastlane Summit (Room Shares, Ticket Exchanges, Etc.)

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
So the The Son is coming and I've booked him into a room with two queens. Room is open to sharing.

*Edit: I think that I'm going to encourage him to come to the site, register, and let him do the negotiating. ;) I'll post more info once he gets on here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Ok my flight out is booked. I land at 7:45pm. Have not booked return yet.

If anyone lands close to that time care to share a cab into town?

nayR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Feb 16, 2012
California
Hey guys, if anyone has an extra ticket for sale please let me know! Tickets sold out so quick :banghead:

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
I plan on arriving Thursday afternoon, and am definitely up for dinner Thursday night. Looking forward to meeting you guys.
@Wisith,

That sounds like a plan!
Awesome, brothers!

I know we are jam-packed on Friday and Saturday with half day Sunday. With that said, would it be advised to rent a car? I'm not sure where everyone wants to go for dinner, etc. so just want to ask.

The last time I went to Phoenix a couple months ago, I rented a car to get to Tempe, Scottsdale, etc. And yes..the eating was good :) LOL.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
I know we are jam-packed on Friday and Saturday with half day Sunday. With that said, would it be advised to rent a car? I'm not sure where everyone wants to go for dinner, etc. so just want to ask.

@Wisith,

A cab would be ideal, if transportation is needed. But from what I'm hearing there sounds like a few options on site. @Red, @MJ DeMarco or @AllenCrawley could one of you please provide some insight here? Thank you!

ari_ari

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Apr 6, 2014
If anyone has an extra ticket, please PM.
Thanks!

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
@Wisith,

A cab would be ideal, if transportation is needed. But from what I'm hearing there sounds like a few options on site. @Red, @MJ DeMarco or @AllenCrawley could one of you please provide some insight here? Thank you!

Uber, baby. Don't rent a car, it's unnecessary. To get picked up at Sky Harbor with Uber, set your pin (point of pickup) a little outside the airport grounds (the city won't let them do pickups at PHX) then text the driver your Terminal, number & side & they'll pick you up (done it many times myself).

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
Uber, baby. Don't rent a car, it's unnecessary. To get picked up at Sky Harbor with Uber, set your pin (point of pickup) a little outside the airport grounds (the city won't let them do pickups at PHX) then text the driver your Terminal, number & side & they'll pick you up (done it many times myself).
Yes! Uber was super affordable when I was there. Granted I only used it to travel a few miles to bars/lounges at night, it was less than $5 per trip.

Same situation with Los Angeles...Uber will drop you off, but you have to be off airport 'property' to get picked up. Lyft doesn't even recognize the airport's address at all, it says 'cannot pick up' or something like that, lol.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
@Red,

I'm really showing my age. The first thing that came to mind is a cab! I've never used Uber but most of the people I know, have.

Thanks for chiming in, Red. Much appreciated and Happy Turkey Day, all!

BaraQueenbee

tiny
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
Sep 14, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ

Chadi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 19, 2014
Hi everyone, if someone has booked a room and is looking for a roommate please let me know.
Thanks

G

Guest12120

@Chadi, I'm looking for a roommate but haven't booked a room yet. If you would like to share a room again let me know. I'll book one today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Last edited by a moderator:

sintzu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 6, 2013
Toronto
Just putting it out there again that I'm open to taking a ticket off of anyones hand if you can't make it. PM me if you're selling. Thanks.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am going to reitterate something I have stated, but in stronger language. If you are coming to the meet up, but you are not a frequent poster here, you need to post an intro at a minimum so that people know who you are. As this gathering gets larger and turns more into a conference, it is still critical for the confidentiality of the gathering that we know who we are talking to, and talking with. You don't want to be the person that shows up that nobody knows who you are, as the reception won't be as warm as it could be. Get involved, get invested, and at a minimum step out of the shadows. The meetup is only as great as it's participants, and you don't want to be the reason people scale back their vulnerability. Step out of the shadows, and formally post an introduction. I will be calling you out as the weeks progress if you fall into the category of "unknown" so make yourself known (or sell your ticket.)

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
I am going to reitterate something I have stated, but in stronger language. If you are coming to the meet up, but you are not a frequent poster here, you need to post an intro at a minimum so that people know who you are. As this gathering gets larger and turns more into a conference, it is still critical for the confidentiality of the gathering that we know who we are talking to, and talking with. You don't want to be the person that shows up that nobody knows who you are, as the reception won't be as warm as it could be. Get involved, get invested, and at a minimum step out of the shadows. The meetup is only as great as it's participants, and you don't want to be the reason people scale back their vulnerability. Step out of the shadows, and formally post an introduction. I will be calling you out as the weeks progress if you fall into the category of "unknown" so make yourself known (or sell your ticket.)
It's awesome that I already know my roommate and myself have so much in common! We are set...synchronized our flight times and all.

Truly looking to meeting everyone. I don't really post/browse on this board unless I'm on my laptop...that way I can really focus and read the posts and take the values in for what they are.

Cantona7

Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
338%
Feb 3, 2014
Bumping to see if anyone is still looking for a roommate!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I'll second this. If I haven't run across you on the forums, I'm not likely to tell you much about myself, what the Wife and I do, etc. It's all a matter of trust and respect for confidentiality. The same goes for me: I'm something of a known quantity here and so I hope that others at the Meetup will be amenable to opening up about themselves and their businesses.

That being said, I would respect someone if they wanted to hold things back. We've seen businesses stolen (down to the webpage theme!) by non-productive scum before.

Last edited:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%