The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Debt Job still live at home...

Austin Sarwar

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Mar 22, 2015
Florida
It seems that everyone around me thinks I'm an idiot. The only answer they have for life is to Work for the Rest of it if I don't have a job I'm on the streets which might be a better deal idk. I'm in debt part of it is my fault getting credit cards before I had any understanding of good finance and another I would like to blame on my parents who made me buy the car with the threat of kicking me out. I got the Job I have because I was going to be kicked out if I didn't and at the time I had no idea of the Fastlane or the entrepreneurial mindset. They made me get the car so I could get to my Job and now I'm in debt until 2017 unless I can figure away to get a lot of cash. I could just default on the car loan get kicked out and be on the streets but I don't know how that would help my goals. I had a great Idea that didn't exists where I from but another company just partnered with the Publix in my area to make a grocery delivery service totally the idea I had months ago but couldn't afford to get developed. I don't know what to do about my debt or the threat of being on the streets. Maybe the next idea I have I should just default on all my obligations and go for it. Im so lost..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Damage Inc.

There's no return from 86
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Dec 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
Chances are your family and friends will not take your entrepreneurial dreams seriously until you are actually making money with a full time business. 99% of people talk and talk but never take action, so most people will brush you off until they see success. But who cares if everyone thinks you're an idiot? Work your job to keep your bills paid and start something on the side, most of us started our projects while working 40+ hours a week for somebody else. As long as you're living with your parents you're at their mercy, you can't have it both ways (live in their household for free AND play by your own rules). Save up to move out and then you can do whatever you want. Work overtime, work a second job, hustle craigslist and ebay.

And I don't see why a grocery delivery business would need a ton of startup capital, seems like an excuse. You have a car, you have a grocery store, find a crippled old person and offer to deliver their groceries. Startup cost is an eighth of a tank of gas. You don't need to re-invent the wheel, your town probably has more than one mechanic, more than one auto parts store, more than one restaurant, more than one painter, and it can have more than one grocery delivery business if that's what you want to pursue.

You're old enough to take responsibility for your own life and stop blaming outside forces and using them as excuses.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
...really? You'd rather live on the streets and be a bum than have a job and live with your parents (who have been working their a$$ off for decades just to keep the home you live in)?!

Pay your debts, dude. It's your fault that you got into the debt. Now get out of it.

Keep your job and make money on the side. Use your job money to pay your debt + expenses. Use side money to save capital to build a business. Moonlight and work the job until you can replace your job income with your business income (after taxes and reinvestment).

Get better business ideas. Grocery delivery service is one of those ideas that everyone has and only big companies with the capital actually make them work. Look at every single problem that you or people you know have, even if it's within a specific hobby or profession. Find out what exists and see if you can make something better.

Oh and your mindset needs a serious change. You're not the victim, you're the perpetrator. Stick around here, lurk and don't post, and then when you're ready, make a progress thread.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Sounds like you need to be more proactive man, you have your parents to thank for your job and car because they forced you into it. Sounds like good parenting tbh

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Austin Sarwar

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Mar 22, 2015
Florida
Thanks for the reply's i'm sure now that most of my problems are excuses. I want to be proactive and solve problems and I want to build something for myself. I think ill learn sales copy as I see it recommended here a lot by others who don't have a lot of money. Thanks for the perspective though it helps. Ill keep searching for problems that need solving in the mean time thanks for the kick in the a$$

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.