The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your opinion on the best course of action?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Darko Jocic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 14, 2014
Serbia
Hello FL forum. With this thread I mean to get a general idea of how a seasoned entrepreneur thinks, as well as a better understanding of how some choices could/will impact my future.

Here are the facts:
1) I am currently 16 years old

2) My current finances are highly limiting, hence I can at best continually support only one web-based business, considering it generates no revenue

3) Being under 18, it is, as far as my knowledge goes, it's impossible for me to register any sort of business entity myself(other than a sole proprietorship, perhaps)

4) Depending on the business, I'd be willing to drop out of school, abandon social life and all other useless time-consuming actions/processes, for the sake of freeing up time for work

5) I am not willing to get into illegal business, but am willing to illegally get into legal business(see no. 3)

The goals:
1) Move to a different country(leaving everything behind is no problem)

2) Have enough money for it to stop being a factor in my personal ventures(it would have to support a large number of hobbies and a lifestyle of freedom)

Now, the main question is: "What is the best string of choices?"
Should I wait until I am 18? What is the most important thing to learn? Finance? Coding? Old rich grandma seduction techniques? I'd love to hear the answer to those, as well as other, similar questions. All opinions will be welcomed by hugs and kisses, keep in mind I won't find anything insulting, it's not necessary to mask your true point with politeness :D

You should also note that I wouldn't limit any money making/value producing opportunity. There's nothing I'm not willing to let go of. All ideas, opinions are welcome, regardless of how ludicrous they may seem.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
First things first. --->READ THE BOOK<---. Learn the process.

The second thing you should do is go through this whole forum and read every gold thread end to end and decide what fits for you. Questions like this are posted every week and the answers are always the same. Do your own research, decide for yourself, and commit to taking the risk. There is a difference between asking for advice, and asking for someone to give you the answer.

"4) Depending on the business, I'd be willing to drop out of school, abandon social life and all other useless time-consuming actions/processes, for the sake of freeing up time for work"

Finish school. There is no reason that you can not start a business as well as finish high school at the same time. Kids have so much more freetime than you do as you get older.

Also, I strongly advise AGAINST abandoning social life at your age. It is crucial for anybody to develop the proper social skills to be able to meet and communicate properly in every day life. Build the essential skills that will allow you to network better with people. If you met somebody who couldn't hold a conversation and felt no connection with, would you feel inclined to help them out?

That's just my 2 cents though.

Darko Jocic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 14, 2014
Serbia
First things first. --->READ THE BOOK<---. Learn the process.

The second thing you should do is go through this whole forum and read every gold thread end to end and decide what fits for you. Questions like this are posted every week and the answers are always the same. Do your own research, decide for yourself, and commit to taking the risk. There is a difference between asking for advice, and asking for someone to give you the answer.

"4) Depending on the business, I'd be willing to drop out of school, abandon social life and all other useless time-consuming actions/processes, for the sake of freeing up time for work"

Finish school. There is no reason that you can not start a business as well as finish high school at the same time. Kids have so much more freetime than you do as you get older.

Also, I strongly advise AGAINST abandoning social life at your age. It is crucial for anybody to develop the proper social skills to be able to meet and communicate properly in every day life. Build the essential skills that will allow you to network better with people. If you met somebody who couldn't hold a conversation and felt no connection with, would you feel inclined to help them out?

That's just my 2 cents though.

Thanks. I've read the book already. Your reply came to me kind of like a bucket of cold water.
I've really became obsessed over what I can get, that I forgot that my work and my goals can only be accomplished by me.

I can't always slap myself in the face to wake up and remember what it's all about. I owe you big time. You reminded me of a truth that was once so apparent and natural. You are a good man.

Hassen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 13, 2015
I'd vote for old rich grandma seduction techniques hands down.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.